Castle Craft (voxel sandbox + action + tower defense)

SteamCapsule_OldStyle

Wishlist: Castle Craft on Steam!

About
Castle Craft is a game where players can build huge castles in an ancient wartorn world and must defend them against hordes of enemies in siege battles of epic proportions. Castle Craft is a unique blend of the voxel sandbox genre, action, and tower defense.

Screenshots

Key Features

• Plan and construct your unique castle, a bulwark against the dark forces threatening the kingdom
  • Launch a flourishing artisan economy within your castle walls and on the surrounding fields
  • Raise an army of brave defenders
  • Defend your castle against waves of enemies of increasing size and military capacity
  • Inspired by evolution in biology, enemies mutate and the more successful ones will be more numerous in the next wave. This lets the enemy army adapt to your defenses.
  • The world is fully destructible: siege projectiles tear holes in your building, giants will crush your castle doors, and magic will raise volcanos or open up canyons swallowing entire groups of enemies

Team
The folks at www.twinearth.com are a a small group of game dev veterans who have been thinking about a game like Castle Craft ever since they placed those first voxels more than 10 years ago. We played hundreds of hours of Minecraft, but always felt like we would like to DO something with the castles we built there. Now we can finally turn that idea into reality with Castle Craft :slight_smile:

Follow us
If you want to follow our progress or even help with ideas and suggestions, you can follow us here: Twitter, Discord, Facebook, Instagram

Credits
The game has been kindly supported by Epic with a Epic Mega Grant. We’ve also won a best game award by Epic for our prototype at the WN Dev Contest 2021.
EpicMegaGrantsSteamSmall
WNDevSteamVerySmall

5 Likes

WOW! These screenshots of “Castle Craft” are breathtaking! Thank you for sharing them with us here in the forums. How excited are you and the team about the upcoming release of your game? Are you hoping to release Castle Craft in Q1 of 2023? :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m glad you like them!!

We’re super excited that we can finally work on the idea after thinking about it for so long :slight_smile: And we’re happy that we’ve found an art style that feels good to us and captures what we’d want a voxel game to look like in 2022.

Regarding the release date: we aim for summer 2023, but predicting release dates is nototiously hard, so we’ll see :smile:

1 Like

Definitely need a gameplay trailer for this one. I can see myself spending hours planning out the “perfect” build. Can’t wait to learn more :smiley:

1 Like

The pleasure is all mine, and the art style is spot on! As @PresumptivePanda said, I definitely can’t wait to see the gameplay trailer or any gameplay at all! :star_struck:

I’m glad you like it! We thinking hard about what we expect a cubic voxel game to look like in 2023 and did lots of experiments. We wanted to keep some of the simplicity while also making use of things like improved lighting and better hardware that allows for lusher vegetation. The hardest part was the characters, it turns out it’s really difficult to find something that’s still “blocky” but doesnt look too noisy or too much like Minecraft :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the environment surrounding the building takes away from the blocky-ness :smiley:

1 Like