Casting and referencing not working

I have 2 actor blueprints. One of them is a character and the other one is a hang glider both with different movement systems. The basic concept is that I can possess the hang glider and use it and if it crashes, it will lose health. Initially, I had the health variable on the hang glider but when I destroy the actor (pickup the glider), it removes the variable values as well, thus I started using game instance blueprint to store my glider health. I replaced all the values of ‘glider health’ with ‘glider health inst’ which is the name of the variable in my game instance.

However, when I cast to ‘PersistnetGameInstance’ (name of my game instance bp), it does not give me an error and I promoted it to a variable to reference all ‘glider heath inst’ but when I run the game, it gives me this error:

The error persists as long as I am using the glider. When the glider crashes or when I’m not using it, it does not give me the error. Otherwise every tick it gives me this error. Here’s the blueprint attached to this error:

^ That is how I referenced it in my BP_HangGlider which is where I get the error. Here’s 2 of the many locations I’m getting the error:

346597-ss3.png

I don’t know where I’m going wrong. In Event Begin Play, I put a sequence and the first 2 are both casting first before doing anything else to ensure that the cast is done the first thing in the blueprint.

From my understanding, the cast is not working somehow and not communicating with the BP_HangGlider and the value of the glider health instance is not being communicated as well?

Here’s the persistent game instance

It’s resolved. I did not select the game instance in the project settings > Maps and modes