CarTest - Advanced Vehicle Kit

Please update in “Sellfy” site!? I bought it through on . :frowning:

You can use the 4.11 files up to 4.14 version of the engine.
The marketplace version uses the 4.11 files for the 4.14 engine too.
But, if you discover any error don’t hesitate to contact me.

oh man thank you :slight_smile:

Hi, guys!
I write this a bit late but, from 12.22.2016 my “Advanced Vehicle Kit” will get a 60% discount on the Marketplace and on Sellfy too, until 01.03.2017!
I wish everyone a pleasant holiday and a happy new year!

Hi, guys!
I just wanted to share this info, that my “Advanced Vehicle Kit” will get a 50% discount on the Marketplace and on Sellfy, from 04/16/2017 until 04/30/2017.
Also, i’m currently working on a new project, for which i will make a new thread in the forum around the next month! :slight_smile:

Hi!
I have updated my “Advanced Vehicle Kit” to the 4.17 engine version on the marketplace, but it has a little bug.
Actually, this bug is the same that my project had in 4.9.
This bug was fixed in 4.10 and it’s back again in 4.17, it had back then this ticket number: UE-21684.
I have made a bug report on answers hub which can be found here:

I hope that, this will get fixed again.

Hi!
I’m sorry that i wasn’t too active recently i had some health problems and i needed to learn and write tests too.
Because this, my other project was on hold, but now i’m working on it again.
So back to the subject, i write this reply because the 4.18 version still has the above mentioned bug, but if many of you will vote up this bug, then it will get attention and a possible fix sooner.
Here is the link to the bug tracker itself, where you can vote up:

Hi Balint & All,

Is there any Multiplayer guides/tutorials which you would recommend for this as I purchased this some time ago and I must admit it is very good indeed but wondering the best way forward for multiplayer.

Lobby
Host
Join

Any links or guides would be fantastic or general advice on the best method moving forward.

Many Thanks
Cecil

I haven’t tried anything related to multiplayer, maybe another user has some more info about this, i can only recommend to view the documentations about it.
https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/PLZlv_N0_O1gYqSlbGQVKsRg6fpxWndZqZ/

Hello,
I have tested this in multiplayer and it’s working fine.
However, some things must be adjusted for MP like car siren, lights, nitro (event on server).
Also, this is very good vehicle system (physics and control) but it has one drawback. It uses event tick almost for everything which can drastically affect performance, specially in multiplayer.
I moved some tick events into custom events, but it still lot’s of work to get it better. Collisions are not perfect and for some reason the car sinks from the landscape (usually on high speed hits).

Hi Mr Wood, what method of MP did you use if you don’t mind me asking

Well my character can possess the vehicle. So that’s the first event I’ve added - switch character controls to vehicle (event on the server).
Basically, you can create a new map, put 2 vehicles and they are already replicated (movement, rotation).
I suggest you to remove all pins from event tick and start adding custom events. I suppose that no one wants to affect the “health” of the server with event ticks. Specially when there are more than one vehicle.
Howerver, this vehicle system is good, but it’s mainly for single player. If you want MP, than you must remove all event ticks and create custom or timed events that fires on the server (nitro, damage system, morph mesh, siren, lights etc). Also, do not use line trace in tick to checks if vehicle is on the ground. There are other solutions for this.
What I noticed about this vehicle system: mesh morph is flickering, vehicle can easily sink into landscape (tested with 10 hits: vehicle 3 times sinked), it uses some keyboard events in ticks (I highly recommend you to replace this).
After that, you can replace sounds with sound cue with attenuation, so sounds will also works in MP. And then your vehicle is ready for MP.

Cheers for the info Mr Wood - something to think about for sure

Hi, guys!
Thank you for the informations about my project Mr. Wood, really appreciate it. :slight_smile:
I might make optimizations on my project and add a multiplayer section too it.
The mesh morph only flickers in certain versions of the engine. It had this flickering before only in 4.9 but after that it was fixed until 4.17 and this flickering reappeared in 4.18 unfortunately.
I didn’t tested/thinked that it will have problems with landscapes. Are you using the default car which comes with the project, or are you using a different one Mr. Wood?
I’m using the built in vehicle physics in unreal engine so it might be not perfect or the colliders aren’t perfect, have you tried to increase the tire colliders size in the back/front tire blueprints?

, I have tested with the default car as well as custom and I have tried to increase the tire colliders for few units. Seems a bit better.

I added this as a posses which worked fine for enter/exit but the controls kept the same and only had basic movement.

Things like Nitro/Lights didnt work and this was in single player mode ? any idea why the player controller stayed the same ?

Thanks

Hi, guys!
I got an Content Audit Notification email from the Unreal Engine Marketplace Team during february, which stated that my Advanced Vehicle Kit’s car model can be easily mistaken for a production vehicle.
So, they wanted me to change it, until it can’t be mistaken for it. That would be too much a task for me, because it had overall 6 lod’s and the uv’s, morph target’s and all these would need to be remade.
Then, i decided that i will make 3 low poly car (currently only one is working, later on the other two will be also driveable).
But that’s not all, i have added some things, i didn’t just replaced the vehicle mesh.
Just to mention a few, all 3 pedals are now working, the gearstick moves to it’s position when a gear change has occured, the handbrake works too, the windshield wipers move when you switch them on, enabling the front lights will also activate spot lights, the interior camera moves according to the forces that cars, also, you can now change the color of the displays on the dashboard change the rims color.
The import process is the same only that it needs a bit more bones because you can now use the handbrake and the windshield wipers, also the way that the dashboard changes it’s display has been changed, now it changes only the textures and not the materials.
I will be uploading these in the coming hours and will submit it to the marketplace, where i think they will check the files, so it can take a while.
In the coming days i will upload some images which will show what the 3 cars look like.

If these modification will be accepted then, after the update when all 3 car is driveable i will delete Advanced Vehicle Kit from (you can contact me if you have purchased it through and only if you have a proof of it i will send a download link).
The reason behind this is that have decided to change how the accounts on they website work.
There isn’t any free account option, only those where you need to pay out money monthly even if you didn’t got any money from selly.com.
The sales for my project on are very low and it doesn’t cover the monthly cost, this is why i will remove it.
Thank you for your time!

Can anyone send me his project folder or make an tutorial how to make a multiplayer (with the Advanced Vehicle Kit)?

Hi, guys!
In the days i have been informed by the staff at that my account will be closed.
They were free to use but recently, it got only subscription plans.
I didn’t had any sales in the past one and half year.
So, from now on the purchase link will be deleted. (to avoid making purchases)
On Feb. 1. they will delete my account and so will my project on sellfy, until then who’s have purchased it they can still download it on