Hi, we are trying to move a Unity game to Unreal but we’re having some issues with stabilizing rigidbody of a raycast based cars. When the car hit some static object it just bounces too much and some times makes a flip. We asked in the forums here but we didn’t get any feedback yet.
What we have done so far to improve the stability is:
- Bounce threshold velocity is lowered from 100 to 10 in physics settings
- Substeping is also enabled in physics and car component
- A physics material has been added to the car body where the Restitution is set to 0 and combined mode is set to Min for it and for the friction as well
- Car weight is 1500kg
- Iertia tensor is scaled to 1.2 for all axes
- The center of mass is lowered a little below the car body center
Car still bounces a lot even when set to 5000kg !
Here is a video of the vehicle jumping from time to time: video
If someone can help with this will be so awesome ! Thanks !