Capsule Component won't follow character during animation sequences 5.1.1

I scoured the internet. I’ve watched every tutorial, read every unreal doc five times, I’ve followed every instruction to the letter and I can’t get the capsule component to follow my character so he snaps back after every root motion animation sequence. I’m animating so game play doesn’t matter.

I’ve made character BP and animBP attached them all, enabled root motion in the animation, told the skeleton which anim BP to pull from, set the root motion there to everything. The animation sequences were imported from market place and put on characters also imported from market place.

What am I doing wrong. For the love of God someone please help me! Thanks!

Hey @d-e-l-0! Welcome to the forums!

There are a lot of solutions around the forums for this that you may be able to get a good answer out of. Try starting with this one here. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Yeah, I’ve read and tried that. Still nothing. My animations have root bones, they’re rigged with the UE Skeleton, though it is UE4 skeleton and I’m in UE5, enabling root motion works in the animation sequence editor but it doesn’t transfer to the character. All of the blueprints seem to be right according UE5 docs and countless tutorials. Thanks!