Can't use visual studio debugger to run standalone EOS Lyra Project

I am currently implementing EOS into my lyra project but having issues when debugging the project.

When I click on the Local Windows Debugger icon at the top, it gives me build errors such as:

MSB3073 The command D:\Unreal Engine\UE_5.0\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat LyraEditor Win64 Development -Project=D:\4Tb_\Perforce\SymbioteLyra\SymbioteLyra.uproject -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild exited with code 6.

And:

1>------ Build started: Project: SymbioteLyra, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
1>Using bundled DotNet SDK
1>Log file: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
1>Creating makefile for LyraEditor (no existing makefile)
1>Compiling GameFeaturePlugins in branch ++UE5+Release-5.0
1>UnrealBuildTool : error : Plugin ‘MegascansPlugin’ (referenced via default plugins) does not contain the ‘MegascansPlugin’ module, but lists it in ‘D:\Unreal Engine\UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins\MegascansPlugin\MegascansPlugin.uplugin’.
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3073: The command ““D:\Unreal Engine\UE_5.0\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” LyraEditor Win64 Development -Project=“D:\4Tb_\Perforce\SymbioteLyra\SymbioteLyra.uproject” -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild” exited with code 6.
1>Done building project “SymbioteLyra.vcxproj” – FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

1 Like

it seems you likely don´t build Lyra with a engine git source. you should put it in the same folder where UE5 are located and then build them.
You will need the source engine ofcourse.