Can't use the toolkit

When I load the toolkit it loads fine but when I click on any blueprint or any item (that isn’t a folder) the whole thing locks up and changes to not responding? I was going to start working on adding some items I don’t want to override anything (so it’s core friendly) but everytime I click a blue print or anything to “copy” it freezes

AMD 8 core 16g ram
gtx 970 video card 4g ram
250g SSD drive
and windows 10 64bit pro

Hi ,

it might take some time the first time you open the dev kit because it’s loading some assets / shaders in the background. it will ‘freeze’ for a few minutes but after that you should be able to work and open blueprints.

Another reason might be that you don’t have enough ram but 16 should be enough if i remember correctly.

Ok thanx I’ll let it sit for a few maybe it’s just loading it because that is the first time running it

EDIT: thanx that was it I was just being impatient not used to waiting for this machine to do anything :slight_smile:

keep me updated,

If you have any crash with a message post it here :slight_smile:

What I have noticed is that the lag is due to the file being sent into memory. I don’t think memory is your issue though because I launched the editor, set the primal game data override and opened 40 unique blueprints and it was only using about 8 gb of memory. You can monitor your memory to see if it is an issue through the task manager.

I can verify the delay - the first time I open the editor (for Unreal or Ark Dev) it always takes a minute or two to sort things out.

Ya just gotta let it do its thing sometimes. :slight_smile: