Cant use plugins in C++?

Hey,

Is there a way to access plugin methods in c++? More specifically, is there a way to call the functions of the kinect 4 unreal plugin in c++? For example if I want a cube to spawn at the position of my head and follow its movements, is that possible in code? Or if I want my character to move when I make a walking movement with my body, can I only do that in blueprints?

UE4 Plugin methods can be used just like methods in any other modules. UE4 Plugin methods can be exposed in blueprint the same as any other functions exposed in any other modules. If these methods are exposed and not accessible, either your C++ module dependencies are not set up correctly or the plugin is not enabled.

So if I want to add a dependancy, how do I find what name to add?

I got this:

PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Kinect4Unreal" });
        PrivateIncludePathModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Kinect4Unreal" });

but it says couldnt find module rules file for Kinect4Unreal

If it can’t find the module rules, then the Kinect4Unreal module is not set up correctly. Can you link me to the exact download/repo you are using?

Apparently the plugin can only be used in blueprints :slight_smile: I asked on the plugin’s thread.

"The plugin exposes the Kinect data as blueprint nodes alone for the moment. This was a deliberate decision by us to ensure that our plugin could be as usable as possible. Have you tried extending a C++ class into blueprints and then using a Kinect Interface Component to retrieve the data that is then processes by your C++ logic? "

Allar, I don’t know if you’re still interested, but if you find a way to package this plugin, you’d be awesome! Here’s the download of it along with it’s content examples.

Hi Allar, I am currently looking at doing this for a module, is there any chance you could provide me with some assistance?