Cant start game

It just says: Couldn’t spawn player: Failed to spawn player controller. And when I click OK it says Failed to start PIE game instance. I have no idea what to do at this point and i really do not want to lose all of my progress.

Hello davidmikulic_,

Is this something that only happens in the project you’re working in or does it also occur in empty projects? If it’s only in your project, please check your World Settings (Settings > World Settings on the toolbar above the main Viewport) and/or your Maps and Modes section of the Project settings to see what class your Default Player Controller is currently set to. If it’s your own custom class, try setting it to the default Player Controller class to see if it’ll work correctly. Hopefully this is only an issue with the Player Controller class you’re currently using, but we’ll need to see where it goes from there.

We haven’t heard from you in a while, davidmikulic_. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, was my last comment of any help? In the meantime, I’ll be marking this issue as resolved for tracking purposes.

After that happened I stopped working for the day. And the next day my Epic games launcher couldnt even start. It Said that there was corrupt data. I’ve spent the last couple of daya trying to figure out the problem and solving it. I have removed it, repaired it and reinstalled it multiple times without any success. The reason might be that I’m not inställning it in the main (C drive) because I don’t have any room there.

If your issues have changed to being with the Epic Games Launcher, it would be best if you could look up your particular issues over at help.epicgames.com If you can’t find your issue in particular or need additional assistance with getting the Epic Games Launcher working, please use the Email Us link for further help.