Can't set bool in animation blueprint that is derived from C++ animinstance base class

I have an animinstance C++ base class that declares a bool:

class ABPCPPTEST_API UAnimInstanceBase : public UAnimInstance
{
	GENERATED_BODY()

protected:
	UPROPERTY(BlueprintReadWrite, EditAnywhere, Category = "Don't Edit")
	bool bUseTripComponent = false;
};

When I create an animation blueprint using the above as the base class and then try to set the bool value in the event graph, it will not set, it will show the correct value going into the set input but then the output of the set node will show the original false value. I also tried changing the C++ bool to public instead of protected and got the same result. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help is sincerely appreciated!

Can you show where do you set the value?

Do you need that value for runtime logic or that bool value should only be true for AnimBP but not for AnimInstance?

Thank you, Bryondr. I figured out it is a multi-threading issue, if I disable Allow Multi Threaded Animation Update in the project settings it will work but of course I do want to figure out how to get it to work with multithreading.

I am setting it in the Event Blueprint Animation Update in the animation event graph of the animation blueprint. I do need the value for runtime logic and ideally with the correct current value readable by both the C++ base class as well as the animation blueprint, but right now I would just settle for it being correct in just the animation blueprint.