Cant set active actor tick!

Im trying to set the actor tick active using a branch with a condition of a button being pushed.

I had a print string in the end and it printed, but the actor tick doesnt work. Help!!!

Hello! Fist of all, SetActorTickEnabled node has self as Target. Is that Ok? If yse, then this method seems to be fine. What code should be executed in actor Tick body? May bug be there?

You’ll need to show the rest.

• how are you testing it?
  • how is the function run?
  • how is isPressed set?

I had a print string in the end and it
printed

Could you define what ‘in the end’ means here? After the last node in the pic? And it did print?

Hello! Fist of all,
SetActorTickEnabled node has self as
Target. Is that Ok?

This means that you’re enabling Tick for the actor this script is in. Whether it’s OK depends on what you want to do. Do you want this actor to Tick - then it’s OK.

What code should be executed in actor
Tick body? May bug be there?

That’s an odd question - you place the script you want to execute every frame there - how could we know what you want.

Hey, first of all thank you for responding, earlier my pc crashed and now nothing works i will try to get everything to work again and then i will take some screenshots to explain better, and if i did something stupid sorry first project using blueprints.

1. Im using this guy tutorial Creating a MOBILE Endless Runner Platformer Game With Unreal Engine 4 - For Beginners! - YouTube it is an endless runner. My goal is to make a intro before the character starts running, he uses the Event Tick node so it will never stop running, but i need it to stop at some points, the thing is i found the SetActorTickEnabled node and im trying to make it “togle” with a condition, that condition is tap the screen or Touch Input, i can make it work with a Delay node but not with a Branch node.

2. As i said my pc crashed i dont know what i did before but now i cant make this work

1. This is in the BP for the ThirdPersonCharacter where all my movement is happening.

2. Sorry for making such a bad work at explain the first time. I hope i have done a better job this time, with that said i cant upload images for some reason i will try again with another comment.

No worries. Do mention what the end goal is. For example, after scripting this in an actor that can receive input from the player:

341284-screenshot-1.png

Pressing 2 would toggle whether this actor’s Tick spams Hello every frame or not.

Ok so my dumbass told you something wrong BUT if the SetActorTickEnabled is active from the start i think i can manage doing what i want to, as i said first time working with Unreal so im a bit lost but it was a huge help thx.

It is possible to change the InputX for a function with a trigger collider or a touch of a button right?

trying
to make it “togle” with a condition,
that condition is tap the screen or
Touch Input, i can make it work with a
Delay node but not with a Branch node.

Makes sense but you’ll need to script it differently. Currently you set it on Begin Play so it does not do much. Try it like this:

• we start with Tick disabled
  • tapping X toggles the variable
  • Tick checks its state, allowing script following the Branch execute (or not)

You can use any input, of course.

It is possible to change the InputX
for a function with a trigger collider
or a touch of a button right?

You will need to be a more specific. What is supposed to happen and when? Describe it from the player’s point of view.

There are many events that can trigger something:

Thank you, with what you sad to me and some testing i got all i needed. It is all working now!

This did the trick for me at the begining and the flip flop after when i need it to stop.