Can't select thin object and materialise it

I have imported a Revit model in TM, so far so good. I can see all the objects (did import by hiarchy) and the materials are fine.

Except 3 object, which are thin (1,5 mm) thick steelplate. I can't drag and drop a material and I can't even select the models in the viewport.

How can I fix this issue?

I am quite new to Twinmotion and tried to select the objects in the layer list, but can't drag and drop materials directly to an object layer, right?

Thanks in advance!

Hello ,

Thank you for posting in the community and sorry to hear about the troubles. There are some materials with transparent settings that cannot be selected in the view port but if you select them in the scene graph or use the material picker it should allow you to edit the material. You should also be able to find the material in the galley view of materials.

The drag and drop function should work on all materials thus if you are still having issues maybe there is a bug and we would need to investigate this matter further. Would you then be able to use the [ contact us ] button from the home page or follow this link: https://twinmotionhelp.epicgames.com/s/case-community-page

Kind regards,

Vincent B.

Hello ,

Thank you for posting in the community and sorry to hear about the troubles. There are some materials with transparent settings that cannot be selected in the view port but if you select them in the scene graph or use the material picker it should allow you to edit the material. You should also be able to find the material in the galley view of materials.

The drag and drop function should work on all materials thus if you are still having issues maybe there is a bug and we would need to investigate this matter further. Would you then be able to use the [ contact us ] button from the home page or follow this link: https://twinmotionhelp.epicgames.com/s/case-community-page

Kind regards,

Vincent B.

Hi Mikeymore and FendrZwag,

I have the same problem with my models. I don't know about Revit models, I use Archicad and Blender. I figure that in my model some surface normals are wrong. If material is not two-sided I cannot pick material with the material picker. So if there are surface normal settings in Revit, I recommend you to check your surface normals and fix them in the modeling program, the problem is mostly solved.

Thin objects are the same, even if my normals are correct, I cannot pick materials on them. But I solve that problem as; if I should have a thin object in my model, I create another big object with the same material and export both objects in twinmotion. With replace material, apply any changes in the big object, thin objects material also changes. Then when all my material settings are ok, delete the big object on twinmotion.

Sometimes even if I do all of this, cannot drag and drop other materials on them. I don't know how to solve it properly. Hope you can fix your problem soon. But please if you find any other solution, write it here. I'll be happy to learn it.

Have a nice day

Seyma

I am evaluating this software and currently will not be purchasing because of this problem. I have many elements that I cannot select or apply materials to such as door handles and cabinet pulls. I can select them in the hierarchy but cannot select them in the viewport or apply any materials to them. Simply being able to drag materials onto the hierarchy would solve this problem. I need some way to add materials to small objects. Trying to do so now just adds the material to the object behind them.unselectable

Its all about scale is very big just reset the scale and transform of the opject and you can select it from viewport and pick material easilyAfterBefore

Hi, thanks fort he reply.

The problem is that the material picker doesn’t work, I also can’t select these objects in the viewport.

The material isn’t transparant. I think it has to do with the minimal thickness of the objects (steelsheet of 1,5 mm thickness)

Best regards,

Mikeymore

Content removed by moderator.

Hello ,

Thank you for posting in the community your issue. We would need to investigate if there is a bug and recommend you contact us directly by following this link: https://twinmotionhelp.epicgames.com/s/case-community-page

You can also make your suggestion about dragging material on the scene-graph as a feature request:

https://portal.productboard.com/7pu88c9kpmqtzt8hwg6arujh/tabs/4-under-consideration

Kind regards,

Vincent B.