Can't seem to change material if I Create Maerial Instance

Hello! I’m struggling for a while with seemingly a little issue.

On Event Construct of an Actor, a Plane Component holds a Material.
I want to read the Display Name of a Parameter of that Material, to get some values out of the name.

This works perfectly, but I expected that if I change the Material to another, that has the same setup, they are the same instances, then I get the other texture’s name, and this all becomes a dynamic setup.

When I try to change the material, it doesn’t let me, it keeps using the original assigned material.
This is the problem.

How could I do this? where is the error?
I figured out that the Create Material Instance Node is denying the change, by excluding it from the event construct script, the material is changeable, but then I don’t know how to read the name of the Texture in the Parameter.

Please help xD

DUDE THANK YOU!

Sometimes I don’t know the correct way to do things xD. So the solution was to Set the Texture with a visible variable outside, and then read the name of that to construct everything else.

So I have a BP with a cube in it:

Seems to work. You’re trying to change the texture, right?

( You can change the material in the same way )

I forgot to mention, that I would like to have multiple instances of this Actor present in my Level, and I would like them to have different materials on that Component Plane. I can change the material in the Blueprint Editor, but then All of my Instances in the Level change to the New Material. I need them to be different.