Can't see my assets far away but close up

Hello, Im Using Unreal 4.10, and I made a tower and merged the actors together, and when I go far away in distance. I can’t see them. When I get closer I could see them normally. My View distance is set to epic, along with everything else. So I have no idea what could be causing this viewport error.

-Brian

You don’t have to answer this one, must be a bug when you use the merge actors in Unreal 4.10, Because I re-made my tower and can see it far away, but when I merge the actors it glitches.

-Brian

Hello GameMaker02,

If you double click on the combined object in your Content Browser this will bring up the meshes details panel. If you click on the tab to view the bounds do they encompass the entire mesh?

It did, I guess it was a glitch when I merged actors in the 4.10. I re-made my object in Unreal and was able to see it far away. I guess it was because of the merge actors might be bugged not sure.

While were here. So I don’t have to make another post. Do you know what can cause my light build not to build? I’m on a Mac, Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7.

And my light build won’t build. I have 20,000 assets in my scene trying to make a whole game environment and it gets stuck at 0%. I’m at high settings because it needs to look good, my light settings are set to 4, in the world settings. I’m not sure why it gets stuck, and my FPS is terrible. I have low poly’s as well.

-Brian

For a laptop we suggest 12 GB of RAM and a gtx670m graphics card or better. Is this getting stuck or is it taking an incredibly long time to start? Does this happen in a clean blank 4.10 project? Can you convert the 4.9 project to a 4.11 and see if you can build there?

After you test this I can start to narrow down if this is project specific. Maybe there is a particular asset that is causing the hold up.

Hey , yea it get’s stuck at 0%, it let’s me build when I put it on the lowest settings. Im on a 4.10 project.

-Brian

Hey , yea it get’s stuck at 0%, it let’s me build when I put it on the lowest settings. Im on a 4.10 project.

-Brian

I believe the spec’s on your laptop could be causing the lightmass not to build on the numerous assets you have within your project. You could try switching over to dynamic lighting and bypassing the lightmass calculation. With a large amount of assets, sometimes dynamic lighting is less performance intensive than static lighting calculations.

I will definitely try that, thanks , I’ll let you know how it goes.

-Brian

I will definitely try that, thanks , I’ll let you know how it goes.

-Brian

Hey , I figured out why the lighting wouldn’t build. It was my terrain, the one you can use in unreal. I wen’t in the settings and turned the static lighting from 1 to 2 and it fixed it. I was reading the settings and it said, if static light freezes set to 2. So I did and it fixed it. My computer rendered my scene it was hotter than the surface of the sun, but it did it, thanks.

-Brian