Cant save map - Graph is linked to private object(s) in an external package

Message dialog closed, result: No, title: Message, text: Can’t save D:/20191126 vol vol/01 backend/01 floorplan/02 ue4/Content/Maps/volvol_master_c_living.umap: Graph is linked to private object(s) in an external package.
External Object(s):
DatasmithAssetUserData_1
DatasmithAssetUserData_1
DatasmithAssetUserData_1
DatasmithAssetUserData_1
DatasmithAssetUserData_1

Try to find the chain of references to that object (may take some time)?

ue4 is unable to find the chain of references, nothing happens…

I have imported meshes using datasmith, next I have selected the meshes in the scene, converted those into an actor, put the actor to scene, hit save > cant save the map,
I have tracked down that each imported mesh have set ‘datasmith user data’ which can be found in the mesh editor details panel, if I delete it from each mesh that is within the actor, I can save the map successfully,
problem is I am going to have loads of these meshes, is there a way how to delete all asset user data arrays all at once, instead of opening each mesh and deleting the reference?(would take days) or is there any other way how to get rid of the problem?

1 Like

fixed by > right click on the folder within which the incriminated mesh rests > fix up redirectors

or

select actors, right click >asset actions > bulk edit via property matrix > search users in the right panel > delete all

1 Like

if still wrong, open your Blueprint and selected all your children compoent.Then check your detail panel,delete all by > Asset User Data