Can't run video texture in oculus quest

So… The material works in simulate mode. But it doesn’t when I try standalone in the Oculus Quest!
I’m trying to play a video inside a sphere with two-sided enabled. Both the material and the mesh are two sided and it worked in the htc vive.

Any help could be awesome!

My material setup:

L_BP:

Texture RES:

I’m having the same problem, and I’m quite sure I have my render textures and materials set up correctly. They also work fine in normal play mode and VR mode on the PC. When seperating the sound out, I can hear the audio playing in the blueprint instance, so I know the object is there and that the play function on my blueprint was called. The video player just doesn’t play. This engine…

any updates? I’m still trying to figure this out haha

Hi. This is still happening. I had a setup similar to OP that was working perfectly in 4.23 but does not work anymore in 4.25. Works on desktop but does not work in Shipping mode on Oculus Quest.

The video texture renders correctly if there is any other visible object inside my field of vision (for example a default sphere - please see my screenshot for the setup). Once the object’s visibility is set to false, the video texture stops rendering too (video playback is not stopped, only the image disappears)

hey there. what file format are you using? you should try to use the unlit mode for your material

Yes - We switched over to using Unity and made 11 different projects in that engine since… Never had a problem with it. Change to Unity

Be sure you are using .MP4 with H.264 encoding. I’m here because we are also having a similar issue. I can tell you it’s not from your material, it’s the media player not playing properly. That’s my opinion from reading the posts.

using unlit worked for me, also make sure your sourcefile is in /Content/Movies otherwise it wont get packaged

I still can’t make it work. I’m using 4.26. I apply the exact same settings as I did with a project on 4.24 and it doesn’t play when deployed to Quest (it does play in the editor, both movie and sound). I did use the unlit setting, have the files in the proper folder and have a h264 MP4 encoded file that worked in 4.24 on Quest. I also restarted everything from scratch (making new media player object / texture etc) but the problem remains. Anyone who can give a quick summary of the steps they did to make this work on 4.25 or 4.26 please?

hi, i was having the same problem. The solution in my case has been to recompile the video in h.264 format with after effects, to weigh half and I see it well.

If you arrived at here, maybe your problem is because you are trying to play the video using a widget, the only way that i can play video in Quest devices is using a plane with a material using the media texture in emissive chanel…