Download

Can't “Resimultate” the foliage form the Procedural Foliage Tool from code

Hi!
I’m currently developing an editor widget for unreal that requires me to “Resimulate” the foliage generation using the procedural foliage tool.

Figure 1

Until now I was able to recreate the code from the “Resimulate” button (Figue 1) on click event, see the code bellow, but i am getting an error when I try to compile it even tho Itelisense doesn’t give me any errors.

void ULandscapeHelper::Simulate()
{
	if (!AssignFoliageVolume())
	{
		if(GEngine)
			GEngine->AddOnScreenDebugMessage(-1,
				15.0f,
				FColor::Red,
				TEXT("Failed to get foliage volume"));
		return;
	}

TArray<FDesiredFoliageInstance> FoliageInstances;
	if (FoliageComponent->GenerateProceduralContent(FoliageInstances))
	{
		if (FoliageInstances.Num() > 0)
		{
			FoliageComponent->RemoveProceduralContent(false);

FFoliagePaintingGeometryFilter OverrideGeometryFilter;
			OverrideGeometryFilter.bAllowLandscape = FoliageComponent->bAllowLandscape;
			OverrideGeometryFilter.bAllowStaticMesh = FoliageComponent->bAllowStaticMesh;
			OverrideGeometryFilter.bAllowBSP = FoliageComponent->bAllowBSP;
			OverrideGeometryFilter.bAllowFoliage = FoliageComponent->bAllowFoliage;
			OverrideGeometryFilter.bAllowTranslucent = FoliageComponent->bAllowTranslucent;

FEdModeFoliage::AddInstances(FoliageComponent->GetWorld(), FoliageInstances, OverrideGeometryFilter, true);
		}
	}
}

The error text:

LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static void __cdecl FEdModeFoliage::AddInstances(class UWorld *,class TArray const &)" (?AddInstances@FEdModeFoliage@@SAXPEAVUWorld@@AEBV?$TArray@UFDesiredFoliageInstance@@VFDefaultAllocator@@@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl USpawnTool::ResimulateAll(void)" (?ResimulateAll@USpawnTool@@QEAAXXZ)

I Found this thread where the person asking add the exact problem that I was having but I wasn’t able to implement the described solution. I still get the same error.