Cant Package UE5 (ERROR: Download support for building Win64 Game targets from the launcher.)

What i have already done multiple times:
Uninstall all UE versions.
Uninstall all visual studio versions.
Installed clean UE5 version.
Installed visual studio 2022 + recomended sdk’s and dotnet 3.1
(Also tested visual studio 2019)
Copied hostfxr.dll and put in automationtool and unrealbuildtool folders
Searched google (2days and counting)

I simply cant get it to package.
And always get the same message.
ERROR: Download support for building Win64 Game targets from the launcher.
Please help!

Here is the log.

Log started at 4/16/2022 10:40:53 PM (2022-04-16T20:40:53Z)
No config file at C:\Users\Savvy\Documents\Unreal Engine\UnrealBuildTool\BuildConfiguration.xml
Configuration will be read from:
C:\Users\Savvy\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\UnrealBuildTool\BuildConfiguration.xml
Log file: C:\Users\Savvy\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Game+Engines+UE_5.0\UBT-DrumAndBassPigs-Win64-Development_2.txt

Note: Android toolchain NDK r21b recommended
Found Windows 10 SDK root at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10 (1)
Found Windows 10 SDK root at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10 (2)
Found Windows 10 SDK version 10.0.18362.0 at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
Found Universal CRT version 10.0.18362.0 at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
Found Windows 10 SDK version 10.0.19041.0 at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
Found Universal CRT version 10.0.19041.0 at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
Found Windows 10 SDK version 10.0.20348.0 at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
Found Universal CRT version 10.0.20348.0 at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
Found Windows 10 SDK version 10.0.22000.0 at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
Found Universal CRT version 10.0.22000.0 at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
Win64 using Manual SDK 10.0.18362.0
Command line: “C:\Game Engines\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll” DrumAndBassPigs Win64 Development “-Project=C:\GameStudio C Drive\Drum and Bass Pigs - UE5\DrumAndBassPigs 5.0\DrumAndBassPigs.uproject” “C:\GameStudio C Drive\Drum and Bass Pigs - UE5\DrumAndBassPigs 5.0\DrumAndBassPigs.uproject” -NoUBTMakefiles “-remoteini=C:\GameStudio C Drive\Drum and Bass Pigs - UE5\DrumAndBassPigs 5.0” -skipdeploy “-Manifest=C:\GameStudio C Drive\Drum and Bass Pigs - UE5\DrumAndBassPigs 5.0\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml” -NoHotReload “-log=C:\Users\Savvy\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Game+Engines+UE_5.0\UBT-DrumAndBassPigs-Win64-Development_2.txt”
Skipping C:\Game Engines\UE_5.0\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE5Rules.dll: File is installed
Skipping C:\Game Engines\UE_5.0\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE5ProgramRules.dll: File is installed
Found Visual Studio installation: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community (Product=Microsoft.VisualStudio.Product.Community, Version=17.1.32407.343)
Found Visual Studio toolchain: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.31.31103 (Family=14.31.31103, FamilyRank=1, Version=14.31.31106, Is64Bit=True, Preview=False, Architecture=x64, Error=False, Redist=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Redist\MSVC\14.31.31103)
ERROR: Download support for building Win64 Game targets from the launcher.
BuildException: Download support for building Win64 Game targets from the launcher.
at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.Create(TargetDescriptor Descriptor, Boolean bSkipRulesCompile, Boolean bForceRulesCompile, Boolean bUsePrecompiled) in d:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Configuration\UEBuildTarget.cs:line 731
at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.CreateMakefile(BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, TargetDescriptor TargetDescriptor, ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet) in d:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Modes\BuildMode.cs:line 726
at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Build(List`1 TargetDescriptors, BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet, BuildOptions Options, FileReference WriteOutdatedActionsFile, Boolean bSkipPreBuildTargets) in d:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Modes\BuildMode.cs:line 267
at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Execute(CommandLineArguments Arguments) in d:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Modes\BuildMode.cs:line 237
at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.Main(String[] ArgumentsArray) in d:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.cs:line 593
WriteFileIfChanged() wrote 0 changed files of 0 requested writes.
Timeline:

[ 0.000]
[ 0.709]

yeah i’ve had this problem 5 days now. do you have to verify your UE5 install everytime it happens and have to download 350MB everytime for some reason?

Because I do.

1 Like

With help i found a solution to package.
Using the Project Launcher which you can find in the top menu under Tool – Project Launcher.
There you can click the + button to create your own profile.
I set the cook and packaging details there and it packages the game perfectly.

“Note that the original bug is still present for me. Meaning i still cant use the platforms – package option.”
I consider that a UE5 bug.

But at least i can package again without any forther issues.
Hope it also works for you.

Im running visual studio 2022
And a clean install of UE5

Thats it

well i’ll be damned. legend it worked. thanks for the info. like you say though, forsure this is not a solution. its a pain but at least there is something to work with now. :slight_smile:

if you do happen to find a real solution be sure to post it, i’ll be sure to do the same vice versa

1 Like

So i just downloaded UE5.0.1 and i was able to package a project that usually failed by default. I think they may have addressed the issue. unfortunately i cannot find any patch notes about it yet. to see what may have been the problem in the first place.

at this point i have packaged multiple projects with several different build configurations, and they have all gone through for me, it seems they have fixed it, thanks the heavens xD

Sweet! Seems to be fixed for me as well with this update!
Hooray!!
Happy deving

1 Like