Can't package project. 4.20

I get this error : “System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘D:\Programs\Unreal\UE_4.20\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Development\EditorWidgets\EditorWidgets.precompiled’.” And I don’t know what to do. Also I can package other projects even though they don’t have that file.

Try verifying unreal engine through the Epic Games launcher. Do this in the “Engine Versions” section, not the side bar, click the down arrow. Sounds like something happened to it/got corrupted.

push with 4.20 after installing 4.21

verifying with the launcher does not help was its not corrupted.
what i noticed, when i add a c++ class, i have two possible options without creating a plugin!
the default path seems to be the ue4 binary source directory ??

how can i remove that from my project or where is the fault?
any help is really appreciated… link text

oh i think i got this answered by myself…
in my case it was an included plugin with some interfaces ‘ModularBuildingPlugin’ after removing it, everything seems to package.
Solution here could be to check the Plugins and sort “Non-Packagable” Plugin out.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Do you have any plugins installed in the engine?
If you do you should install them in you projects folder… This error seems similar to one i got a short time ago…
~ magerbeton

Hello,

I’m sorry but I am having the same issue (UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘F:\Tools\Unreal\UE_4.21\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Development\EditorWidgets\EditorWidgets.precompiled’.
)
and I can’t understand what you did to make things work again.

I am not using any plugin, but that ‘EditorWidgets.precompiled’ is not found. I’ve verified the installation many times.

Okay thats one reason less :smiley:

I cant find the Folder either on your path… I found one under Ue4Editor…
\UE_4.20\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\EditorWidgets

Does your game work when you play it as standalone or you when you launch it?

Cheers

Launching as a stand-alone game works, however packaging the game doesn’t seem to work.

Also the dynamic navigation seems to be broken, many things seems not to work on this version. I’ll probs revert to 4.18.

For anyone who encounters this problem, the issue might (I emphasize, ‘MIGHT’) be the case that inside the ‘.uproject’ file there is a certain tag called “Plugins” and there check out there the plugins.

Except that there is inside the “Modules” tag another dependency tag called ‘Additional Dependencies’ or something close to that. Make sure that you delete that since those are some sort of plugins that require all sorts of weird dependencies that can break your build. I don’t know where that came from since there is no location in the UE’s UI where I can see that ‘Additional Dependencies’.