's instructions allowed the test/template to package/launch on android. Those instructions fixed the issue I had with it. Unfortunately it didn’t fix the issue on my original project which is a bit more complex (or lived in) than the default template.
After having made sure Support arm64 was unchecked and SDK/NDK API levels were set as S. described, I tried to package it and it failed like :
I then tried to do what you specified:
I changed the project package name from the default com.MyCompany.[PROJECT] or whatever to “com.test.sample”.
Having done that it fails with the same error.
“Also, have you tried compiling to a different location?”
I don’t think I’ve tried . Where exactly do you change the compile location?
If it’s the folder you are requested to select after going to File>PackageProject>Android>Android(Multi:ETC1) then yes, I just now tried it.
Created a new folder on C: called “Compiles” and it failed with the same error.
A while ago, I copied the project folder so I could work on it at home. The next day when I brought it back to work I was worried it might be worse than the project at work, so before copying it over I changed the name of the project folder just so it didn’t overwrite anything in the original. Turned out the modified version was OK so I kept working with it.
I’m glad you’ve been able to package in general for Android. Have you ever been able to package for your project though? If so, what version of the engine were you on? Have you already shared project with me in the past, I know I’ve helped you quite a few times.
“I’m glad you’ve been able to package in general for Android.”
Me too. Much thanks to you. So I guess means that codeworks is properly set up, and the problem lies somewhere in specific problematic project.
“Have you ever been able to package for your project though? If so, what version of the engine were you on?”
Yes I have. That was before I added that DoN Navigation plugin for pathfinding. If memory serves me correct, it was on 4.12.4 that I had it running launching to Android. Note, that at that time I copied the project folder so I could work on it at home. When I brought the modified project back to work, I changed the folder name (so the work version served as a backup). I do vaguely recall that at some point even though the name of the project folder was different in Explorer, the Epic launcher didn’t reflect it.
I’ve since deleted the backup and am continuing to work on the project version that had been copied and pasted a couple times.
Last time you checked out that project, I made changes only to the gameplay logic. I made no changes to the (Android, Android SDK) project settings whatsoever. Just a guess, but I’m thinking there’s some lingering, deprecated dependencies on my machine that were caused by me renaming the project folder.
I tried again today and I was able to package/launch the game for Android (Multi:ETC1). The only thing different time was the PC had been turned on and off after having set SDK/NDK API Levels to “matchndk” and “android-19” respectively. Thank you very much for your time, .