Can't Package C++ Project

I’m using 4.23.1 on Mac and am having some strange issues trying to package a game. I didn’t have any issues with packaging on 4.21 and my code is largely unchanged. I am packaging for shipping with distribution checked, and I’m getting the following error

“UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘Settings’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in Settings.build.cs to override.
PackagingResults: Error: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘Settings’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in Settings.build.cs to override.”

This is the only error being thrown and PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any in Settings.build.cs , so the error doesn’t actually make sense.

If anyone has had experience with this I would love some help, I can’t really do anything at this point unfortunately.

Hi @siditious, did you find out how to solve it? It started happening to me after updating to 4.26.1. I can package without problems in 4.25, but not in 4.26 (even the same project) the moment any plugin is enabled. Without plugins, packaging success.
Thanks,

Had the same problem, and found the solution by checking the UE official plugins soure code. In your plugin’s “Build.cs”, remove references to “Settings” module from “PublicDependencyModuleNames” and/or “PrivateDependencyModuleNames”, and move it to “PublicIncludePathModuleNames” or “PrivateIncludePathModuleNames”.

2 Likes

@Nodrev.Alsim1 thank you very much! It saved me a lot of time. It seems PrivateDependencyModuleNames or PublicDependencyModuleNames work on UE 5.0 but not 4.27. Your solution made it work on 4.27 and 5.0 for me and it passes RunUAT builds. Though for 5.1 there seems to be this issue and PrivateIncludePathModuleNames does not resolve it.

thank you a lot! it saved my day