Can't package a MacOS Build due to missing _CodeSignature file specified in Manifest.xml

Hello! I just recently upgraded my project file from UE5.0.3 to UE5.3.2. I’m currently using a M3 MacBook Pro, and have been able to package a MacOS build back in 5.0.3, however after upgrading, it shows the following error:

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): BUILD FAILED: AddBuildProductsFromManifest: /Users/zxgnj/Desktop/ICS 169 CAPSTONE/WeGotCompagnie/Binaries/Mac/WeGotCompagnie.app/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources was in manifest "/Users/zxgnj/Desktop/ICS 169 CAPSTONE/WeGotCompagnie/Intermediate/Build/Manifest.xml" but could not be found. UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): AutomationTool executed for 0h 0m 28s UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown) UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. Exited with code: 1 PackagingResults: Error: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. Exited with code: 1 PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Again, I haven’t had this problem with 5.0.3, and looking around it appears that I’d have to enroll in the Apple Developer Program and codesign the file for Distributing, and packaging on other Apple platforms (iOS, TVOS), however I’m only trying to make a MacOS build to submit to Steam. Please let me know how I could fix this –I just bought this new MacBook Pro and I really don’t want to cough up $100 yearly when I’ve already packaged this project many times before. Thanks so much!

I’m having this exact problem in 5.2.1 :frowning:

I’ve tried so many things to fix it and I can’t figure it out. Let me know if you’ve made any progress!

Same issue for me: have you guys heard anything back from the community?

I was able to work around it by making a new user profile on the same computer- the game builds there just fine, but won’t build on my main user profile.

I have used certificates for unity before to put stuff on the app store so I’m wondering if those are still in my xcode somewhere and messing things up? I tried deleting all the old certificates and resetting everything in xcode but it didn’t seem to help. What’s weird is the game USED to build on my initial user account but stopped being able to at a certain point

same here, UE5.3

UATHelper: 打包 (Mac): Deploying ArDemoMac Mac Shipping...
UATHelper: 打包 (Mac): Deploying now!
UATHelper: 打包 (Mac): Total execution time: 84.38 seconds
UATHelper: 打包 (Mac): Took 84.60s to run dotnet, ExitCode=0
UATHelper: 打包 (Mac): BUILD FAILED: AddBuildProductsFromManifest: /Users/jerry/Documents/Unreal Projects/ArDemoMac/Binaries/Mac/ArDemoMac-Mac-Shipping.app/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources was in manifest "/Users/jerry/Documents/Unreal Projects/ArDemoMac/Intermediate/Build/Manifest.xml" but could not be found.
UATHelper: 打包 (Mac): AutomationTool executed for 0h 1m 30s
UATHelper: 打包 (Mac): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
UATHelper: 打包 (Mac): RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. Exited with code: 1
PackagingResults: Error: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully. Exited with code: 1
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

YO- I managed to fix mine after months :sob:

I think it’s because the project was in a folder that was backing up to icloud- Move the project somewhere that’s not backing up to icloud AND delete all the generated folders (binaries, intermediatecache, saved, intermediate) then open the project and see if it builds

note: do not try any workarounds to stop the folder from syncing to icloud in it’s current location. move it to a place that was never syncing to icloud!

1 Like