Can't open UE5 or lyra game. Getting Error msg api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing

Hi there,

I keep getting this error everytime I try and open either a new project in UE5 or the Lyra game that I downloaded.

Error msg api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing

I’m trying to upgrade the game I’m making for steam from UE 4.20 to UE5 and also want to get a chance to check out all the new exciting features and play Lyra. I’ve downloaded UE5 and also updated my Visual Studio to 2019 following the instrctions on the Unreal website only difference is the SDK is newer than the one recommended there. I’m dyslexic and guessing this may be something super obvious but I can’t understand what I’m doing wrong after searching the forums and web I still haven’t found the correct solution. Any help would be much appricated. If your interested in seeing some of my work my website is QuineTime.co.uk and it has links to my UE 4.20 game on google play many thanks

We’ve encountered the same issue on one of our PCs which is using Windows 7. Currently troubleshooting it. What operating system are you using?

We’ve found a couple of solutions that have worked for us: