Can't move the player after retargeting

I can’t move the camera or the player itself at all after I put the metahuman as player and even watched a tutorial to be sure I did everything right and retargeted. Now it just stays in one place, has the animations (the idle animation) and can’t move, move the camera and nothing. Literally no input.

I really hope someone would answer, because my last 2 posts noone answered.

If anyone wants to check my blueprints or gamemodes or settings, lmk.

Hey @RealGoatzy!

Can you explain what you mean by “… put the metahuman as player”?

Did you replace the skeletal mesh, did you retarget to the UE5 skeletal mesh and change nothing on the base player blueprint?

Did you make a new Player Blueprint and you’re having issues controlling it?

Some more details would be useful here. Also some screen snips of the input on the player character and the Enhanced Input controls would be really helpful! :slight_smile:

Get back to us soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out!

So, I’m not really good at english, not an american, and I meant by ‘‘putting metahuman as player’’ by setting the metahuman blueprint as bp_thirdpersoncharacter, the player. (picture 1 and 2)

I retargeted the metahuman by using UseLiveRetargetMode and ticking UseLiveRetargetMode

I thought I would have to copy BP_ThirdPersonCharacters all blueprints to the metahuman blueprint so I did. Just in case saying that I put as player the metahumans actor blueprint and just changing to character. Watched a youtube tutorial just in case.
And the issue is just I can’t move or anything.

Lmk what other screenshots you need!

I think I understand a little clearer now.

The problem is… we can’t read this, it’s too far away :frowning:

Try to get some closer pictures so we can read the code! Colors don’t do much good here, all we can see is “Event, blue function, green function”. :slight_smile: It’s okay if your custom events aren’t in English.

Specifically we need your movement input and begin play!

Alright, sorry about that! Here is it:

The only thing I can see out of the ordinary is this Custom Event!
This is what attaches your controller input to your movement! If there is nothing calling this event you won’t be able to move!

2 Likes

Thanks mate!

Good eye!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.