Can't move existing content to new folder

Hi!

When I try to move existing content to a new folder (by selecting and dragging them with the mouse to the new folder), a tooltip box appears saying “Move or copy ‘NameOfItem’”. When I release the mouse button nothing happens. Version is 4.7.2.

Hey Undercover,

I have not been able to reproduce this within the editor. I do not receive a pop up with options until after I release the mouse click the first time, and then click it a second time making my decision. I’d like to know if I am doing this differently than what you are?

However, there was a bug found within our system that may be what you are experiencing: Are you unable to drag move/copy asset to a folder within the Content Browser?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m unable to drag move/copy asset to a folder within the Content Browser. I never get the option to copy or move when I release the mouse button.

Hey Undercover,

Thank you for providing me additional information. I have found a bug (UE-1206) within our system that matches exactly what you’re claiming. It has not been resolved as of yet however it is being worked on and will hopefully be released within in the near future.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reply back to this thread.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Okay, sounds good that it’s already work in progress. Thanks!

Seems like this is still a problem in 4.24