Can't log in launcher - Waiting room failure

I have been having an ongoing issue with being able to log into Epic Game Launcher. Each time I try I get the message “We’re currently limiting the rate of users who are logging in. Estimated time left:(countdown)” After the countdown is complete I am given the following error message: "Waiting room failure, No response was received from the waiting room service, Error Code: WR-0001.

I created logs and reviewed them but cannot decipher enough to see the problem. (Logs are attached).

I have tried the following without success:

Restarting the computer.

Uninstalling and reinstalling (several times).

Turned off Firewall.

Created Inbound rule for port 443.

Changed DSN to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Tried adding -http=wininet.

Verified that I am not behind a proxy.

I updated my NVidia drivers.

I made sure windows was fully updated.

I emailed support again last night but only have gotten a automated response back. I contacted them a month ago with the connection issue and I had a back and forth email conversation with the tech however after trying everything listed in the forums etc he said he would pass on the problem and get back with me. I still haven’t heard back. Any help with solving this problem would really be appreciated. I’ve put in over 70 hours to try to resolve this issue and haven’t gotten anywhere.

I am using a windows 7

Thanks for reading

.link text

I had the same error too. But i did nothing to solve it. After some deleting re-install, it worked normally. Maybe you should try to delete associated files of launcher and engine(if you installed it before your error occuring) from registry. Also delete the downloaded installer from your downloads folder. Then download the lauchner again and re-install product.

Thank you for your reply Mixolydian777. I uninstalled epic games launcher again this time making sure to delete the registry keys along with program files of the engine and launcher. I restarted the computer and reinstalled and unfortunately I still having the same issues. The Epic Game Launcher will open offline but I am unable to “sign in” without the the “waiting room failure” message. As an experiment I tried deliberately putting in the wrong user name and password and it when through the same steps as it did above. This tells me that the program is not connecting at all to epic games server because if it did it would have given me an invalid username and pass word error message instead of “waiting room failure” (which I’m not even sure what that means).

If you already have a project on your hard drive, go to the folder where it’s placed, double-click on project file, and unreal editor will work without login or logout.

Unfortunately I do not have a project on my hard drive at the moment. When I open launcher off line I don’t see any unreal engine version on the screen as did before when everything was working.

I looked at my logs again and I see a lot of the following lines:
LogOnline:Warning: MCP: IssueRoomRequest server error: Connection to the server failed. response code: -1

I have no idea what is causing this connection fail so hoping someone smarter then me in this area can give me some ideas on how to fix.

Thanks again Mix.

Ok, this problem has been resolved. I won’t pretend I know why what I did worked but it did. I will share here in case anyone else has had the same issues/problems that I reported above.

Plug the following into command prompt and execute separately and restart the computer afterwards.

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

netsch winsock reset

ipconfig /flushdns

If anyone knows why that worked please let me know out of curiosity.

For me it was enough flushing the dns and restart wasn’t necessary How To Clear Your DNS Cache - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation .

Somehow that did nothing in my case. Still getting Waiting Room Failure error. As a matter of fact, after updating to 4.12.4 I couldn’t connect/login at all, so I am forced to be working offline.

Im having the same problem. Any news regarding this?

I tried the things recommended here, but no success so far.

still not work wtf

me too that problem, would like better working for epic. great engine but this kind can’t happen

For me worked “run as administrator”.
Start > type “launcher” > right click and choose “run as administrator”

this sucks i havent been able to play since last week this is ■■■■■■■ me off pls Epic games fix the problmes

Try cheaking for changes made in your proxy in epic launcher removing proxy worked in my case.

Hello. I have the exact same problem right now. I have tried to uninstall and install again, but nothing seemed to work. I restarted the PC, restarted my internet router, typed in -http=wininet, that also didn’t work. My network speed is at 600+ mbps so I have no idea why I am getting this “Error Code” (WR-0001) I clicked on the error code and apperently I have a bad internet speed. I obviously don’t because I am at 600+mbps and I really want this problem to be fixed. My friends could play it but I couldn’t. Im in Moscow, and we recently had a blizzard, but the antena and wifi and ethernet is working fine now. I think this is an Epic Games issue, not my network speed. Epic Games please fix this soon I really want to play Fortnite.

Thank you.