Can't launch Standalone game from Editor, "Requested operation requires elevation"

I’m not able to launch my project in Standalone from the editor, using the Play dropdown and selecting Standalone Game. I need this in order to do some profiling without also capturing noise from the editor. This used to work, but now I get this error:
LogWindows: Warning: CreateProc failed: The requested operation requires elevation. (0x000002e4)
LogPlayLevel: Error: Failed to run a copy of the game on this PC.
I am running UE4 as administrator, so I’m not sure why it’s failing with that message.

Anyone seen this before or have ideas what could be causing it?

can you try to run the ueeditor with privileged mode (just once, maybe it fixes some permissions itself). to do so, hold SHIFT + right click the ueeditor icon and choose “run as administrator”. after the UAC dialog (press yes) launch your game standalone and check if that worked. if so, restart UE in normal (not elevated mode) and see if it works.

As stated in the question, I am running the editor as administrator.

I’m signed in on an administrator account, and the editor exe file is marked to always run as administrator through the Windows compatibility settings. I can’t right click and run as admin because this project requires the editor to be launched by building through visual studio.

yes, but do you mean by that, you are logged in to windows as an adminstrator or do you make the steps which I described? it’s different things since WIN 7 and UAC