Cant launch game on Windows UE 4.15.0

I am trying to launch my game in Windows out 4.15.0
and this is the log I have

can some1 help me to understand what is wrong?

>     LogPlayLevel: CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 0.4898025s to run
> UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=0
> LogPlayLevel: Project.Build:
>     ********** BUILD COMMAND COMPLETED ********** LogPlayLevel: Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory:
>     ********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED ********** LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time:
>     0.750494 LogPlayLevel: Project.CreateStagingManifest:
> Creating Staging Manifest...
> LogPlayLevel:
> Project.CleanStagingDirectory:
> Cleaning Stage Directory:
> C:\Users\Roma\Documents\Unreal
> Projects\NordicWarriors\Saved\StagedBuilds\WindowsNoEditor
> LogPlayLevel:
> Project.CopyManifestFilesToStageDir:
> Copying NonUFSFiles to staging
> directory:
> C:\Users\Roma\Documents\Unreal
> Projects\NordicWarriors\Saved\StagedBuilds\WindowsNoEditor
> LogPlayLevel:
> Project.CopyManifestFilesToStageDir:
> Copying DebugFiles to staging
> directory:
> C:\Users\Roma\Documents\Unreal
> Projects\NordicWarriors\Saved\StagedBuilds\WindowsNoEditor
> LogSlate: Took 0.000107 seconds to
> synchronously load lazily loaded font
> '../../../Engine/Content/Slate/Fonts/Roboto-Light.ttf'
> (159K) LogPlayLevel:
> Project.CopyManifestFilesToStageDir:
> Copying UFSFiles to staging directory:
> C:\Users\Roma\Documents\Unreal
> Projects\NordicWarriors\Saved\StagedBuilds\WindowsNoEditor
> LogPlayLevel:
> Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory:
>     ********** STAGE COMMAND COMPLETED ********** LogPlayLevel: Project.Package: ********** PACKAGE
> COMMAND STARTED **********
> LogPlayLevel: Project.Package:
>     ********** PACKAGE COMMAND COMPLETED ********** LogPlayLevel:
> Project.Deploy: ********** DEPLOY
> COMMAND STARTED **********
> LogPlayLevel: Platform.Deploy:
> WARNING: Win64 does not implement
> Deploy... LogPlayLevel:
> Project.Deploy: ********** DEPLOY
> COMMAND COMPLETED **********
> LogPlayLevel: Project.Run: **********
> RUN COMMAND STARTED **********
> LogPlayLevel: Project.RunInternal:
> Starting Client.... LogPlayLevel:
> CommandUtils.Run: Run:
> C:\Users\Roma\Documents\Unreal
> Projects\NordicWarriors\Saved\StagedBuilds\WindowsNoEditor\NordicWarriors\Binaries\Win64\NordicWarriors.exe
> ../../../NordicWarriors/NordicWarriors.uproject
> /Game/Maps/Level_1 -stdout
>     -abslog="C:\Users\Roma\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.15\C
> lient.log" -Messaging -nomcp -Windowed
>     -CrashForUAT -SessionId=D45DE8BE41B14AE528EE6D931BE5F689
>     -SessionOwner="Roma" -SessionName="Launch On Device" LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR:
> AutomationTool terminated with
> exception:
> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
> (0x80004005): The file or directory is
> corrupted and unreadable LogPlayLevel:
> at
> System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo
> startInfo) LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.CommandUtils.Run(String
> App, String CommandLine, String Input,
> ERunOptions Options, Dictionary`2 Env,
> SpewFilterCallbackType
> SpewFilterCallback) LogPlayLevel:   
> at
> AutomationTool.Platform.RunClient(ERunOptions
> ClientRunFlags, String ClientApp,
> String ClientCmdLine, ProjectParams
> Params) LogPlayLevel:    at
> Project.RunStandaloneClient(List`1
> DeployContextList, String
> ClientLogFile, ERunOptions
> ClientRunFlags, String ClientApp,
> String ClientCmdLine, ProjectParams
> Params) LogPlayLevel:    at
> Project.RunInternal(ProjectParams
> Params, String ServerLogFile, String
> ClientLogFile) LogPlayLevel:    at
> Project.Run(ProjectParams Params)
> LogPlayLevel:    at
> BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams
> Params) LogPlayLevel:    at
> BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild()
> LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute()
> LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1
> CommandsToExecute,
> CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
> LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[]
> Arguments) LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object
> Param) LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`2
> Main, Object Param) LogPlayLevel:   
> at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
> LogPlayLevel: Program.NoThrow: ERROR:
> Exception performing nothrow action
> "Kill All Processes": Exception in
> System: No process is associated with
> this object. LogPlayLevel: Stacktrace:
> at
> System.Diagnostics.Process.EnsureState(State
> state) LogPlayLevel:    at
> System.Diagnostics.Process.get_HasExited()
> LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.ProcessResult.get_HasExited()
> LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.ProcessManager.KillAll()
> LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.Program.<>c.<Main>b__1_1()
> LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.Program.NoThrow(Action
> Action, String ActionDesc)
> LogPlayLevel: Program.Main:
> AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1
> (Error_Unknown) LogPlayLevel:
> Unhandled Exception:
> System.InvalidOperationException: No
> process is associated with this
> object. LogPlayLevel:    at
> System.Diagnostics.Process.EnsureState(State
> state) LogPlayLevel:    at
> System.Diagnostics.Process.get_HasExited()
> LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.ProcessResult.get_HasExited()
> LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.ProcessManager.KillAll()
> LogPlayLevel:    at
> AutomationTool.Program.Domain_ProcessExit(Object
> sender, EventArgs e) LogPlayLevel:
> Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy
> Task, Time: 4.002645 LogPlayLevel:
> Completed Launch On Stage: Run Task,
> Time: 0.000042 LogPlayLevel: BUILD
> FAILED

Ok, I figured that out
it was one of my blueprints that failed to ‘nativize’
and caused the trouble - I had to disable the blueprints nativization option
to sucessfuly launch the game.

I think it would be better to come back to it later and figure out what blueprints failed and
exlude the fail blueprints only.

But atleast now it works :slight_smile:

Hi ColdSteel48:

The errror from your log causing your project to fail to launch on Windows is as follows:

> AutomationTool terminated with exception:
 > System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
 > (0x80004005): The file or directory is
 > corrupted and unreadable LogPlayLevel:
 > at
 > System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo
 > startInfo) LogPlayLevel:    at
 > AutomationTool.CommandUtils.Run(String
 > App, String CommandLine, String Input,
 > ERunOptions Options, Dictionary`2 Env,
 > SpewFilterCallbackType

Which leads me to believe there is a problem with one of your asset or directory names. Please make sure none of your file or directory names contain invalid characters like spaces, punctuation, etc.

Also, you said you are trying to launch on Windows. At this point,are you able to package for Windows 64 and open the executable from the output folder?

Steve H.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your attention, it was a character blueprint named “BarbarianSA”
which failed to be “nativized”.

After disabling the “nativization” I was able to package the project.

Thank you.