Can't launch EGS launcher on Mac

Hello, I’m a first-time EGS user. I can’t seem to correctly launch the Epic Games Store launcher after installing it on my 2014 MacBook Pro Retina with MacOs El Capitan 10.11.6. I used the .dmg file provided on the website after registering via my Google account.

Please note that EGS tech support team sent me here after a long e-mail exchange where they ultimately stated that “the crash [is] from Unreal Engine” and is “out of [their] scope” after going through my error logs.

After double clicking on the launcher icon, I immediately get an error window which also says that “You do not have any debugging symbols required to display the callstack for this crash”. I have never had the chance to access the main page of the launcher.

The (unsuccessful) solution proposed to me was to fully uninstall the EGS launcher and carefully delete remaining files in the Library subdirectories and try with a fresh install, which I did numerous times without success.

You can find a screenshot, error logs and my system information in the attachments.

Please try to help me: unfortunately, even though the EGS is obviously flawed and technically sub-par when compared to other services, it still is the only way to legally purchase and obtain some of the content offered.alt text

getting exactly this problem, uninstalled and reinstalled various times over several days, emialed support team and got a very handwavey response about checking twitter for updates but their last post was may so clearly this is a specific issue they havent addressed yet.

I too am having this issue, I can’t seem to find any solution anywhere online

i have the same problem with my mac!

Same here. I did the “open package contents” way and worked. BUT, i opened the installed launcher and automatically does an update that crashes because the update is a 10.12 system only. Lame.