Can't install ue5 on ubuntu 20.04 lts error 6

Hello 'I’m facing a problem with ue5 install, i always have this message

Temps écoulé 00:00:00.87
Running command : dotnet Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.dll UnrealEditor Linux Development
Log file: /home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log.txt
Using 'git status' to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build (/home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release).
Creating makefile for UnrealEditor (no existing makefile)
Parsing headers for UnrealEditor
  Running UnrealHeaderTool UnrealEditor "/home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UnrealEditor/Development/UnrealEditor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -abslog="/home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log_UHT.txt"
Reflection code generated for UnrealEditor in 3,1853957 seconds
ERROR: Unhandled exception: Source file '/home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/file:/home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Plugins/Developer/TextureFormatOodle/Sdks/2.9.5/redist/Linux/liboo2texlinux64.2.9.5.so/home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Plugins/Developer/TextureFormatOodle/Sdks/2.9.5/redist/Linux/liboo2texlinux64.2.9.5.so' does not exist
       while creating runtime dependencies for module 'TextureFormatOodle'
make: *** [Makefile:1228 : UnrealEditor] Erreur 6

There is the log file

Log_UHT.txt (4.2 MB)

I don’t have this issue during the install, only when I load it up. It was working fine for a few days but now its not.
I’m going to try reinstalling

what’s the process ton install it maybe i made something wrong ?

hello i need help please

Did you ever solve this?

hello
not a this time i’m always stuck

Nop did you have the same problem ?

Yes, still trying to solve it. Can you tell me the build command you are using? I will post a solution I I find one.

I’m using the same method for unreal 4 is still the same , i’ve seen in older post here youneed to run two script and type “make”
someone can help us please ?

That has not been working for me. But I have some ideas I am trying. I will post in the morning if they work. Unfortunately, since it is a dual core low end laptop, each build attempt takes like 6 hours.

Ok but why just us ? other user don’t have this problem ?

thanks for your help

I am sure they do. No luck unfortunately.

just retried and after a while

La génération a réussi.
    0 Avertissement(s)
    0 Erreur(s)

Temps écoulé 00:00:00.88
Running command : dotnet Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.dll UnrealEditor Linux Development
Log file: /home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log.txt
Using 'git status' to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build (/home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release).
Creating makefile for UnrealEditor (no existing makefile)
Parsing headers for UnrealEditor
  Running UnrealHeaderTool UnrealEditor "/home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UnrealEditor/Development/UnrealEditor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -abslog="/home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log_UHT.txt"
Reflection code generated for UnrealEditor in 3,4443045 seconds
ERROR: Unhandled exception: Source file '/home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/file:/home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Plugins/Developer/TextureFormatOodle/Sdks/2.9.5/redist/Linux/liboo2texlinux64.2.9.5.so/home/bgood/Téléchargements/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Plugins/Developer/TextureFormatOodle/Sdks/2.9.5/redist/Linux/liboo2texlinux64.2.9.5.so' does not exist
       while creating runtime dependencies for module 'TextureFormatOodle'
make: *** [Makefile:1228 : UnrealEditor] Erreur 6
bgood@ryzenworkstation ~/T/UnrealEngine-release [2]> 

PLEASE HELP US

Hello!

I’m not going to pretend that I’m much good at this, but I’m somehow one of the lucky ones who has a version of UE5 running on my Linux computer, as much as it does. We can see how they compare in case that helps.

First thing to check, I notice that your path for UE refers to UnrealEngine-release. My own refers only to UnrealEngine, and on the Github page I think it’s the “ue5-main” branch is the best bet for working.

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine

Just wanted to know which branch you’ve got, and if you’ve tried that one.

Apologies if that’s a silly thing to suggest! I certainly took a few goes before I got the right branch installed and working.

Hi, I have the same problem(UE5 Main), I also try to install UE5-Early and it have the ArraySize problem, please help

Hi, i had error 6 problem too with Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS, UE-5.0.2 and i think i solved. It’s on compile stage for now but now on [1515/4044]. I (hope) solved with moving unzipped ue5.0.2 source code folder to home folder. So “UnrealEngine-5.0.2-release” in “/home/(username)/” directory now. I hope its solves the problem. By the way after changing the location and running first “make”, probably it will not work if you don’t run setup and generateprojectfiles first.

1 Like

i wiil try later thanks

1 Like

Thanks,I’ve solved my problem successfully.