Can't Install Epic Games Launcher - Windows Error 1722 "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I Have The Log But Can’t Paste It Here Or Upload

1 Like

It’s probably due to failure of DirectX installation.

Please run the installer with SKIP_DIRECTX="1" key.

msiexec /i "C:\UnrealEngineInstaller.msi" SKIP_DIRECTX="1"

Ofc use the proper path to installer instead of C:\UnrealEngineInstaller.msi

1 Like

Now It Says On The Epic Games Launcher “Self Update Failed” “The necessary prerequisites have failed to install. Please contact support.” “Error code: SU-PQR1603”

1 Like

Thank You! It Worked, Finally!!!

May 20, 2022
Thank you very much S-ed ! Your fix corrected my problem.

My problem was when I tried to install the Epic Games Launcher I was receiving this error message: There is a problem with the Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Am curious to know what was the Direct X component in the installer that was to blame, and why? Thanks!

1 Like

I had the same error, so it is possible that the current version of the epic games launcher just has a bug since i have all prerequisites installed correctly and just wanted to reinstall the launcher.

This also worked for me! Thank you!

How do do that?

hey mate i’m not able to figure out what the path is for me to do this is it possible you’re able to walk me through it on discord or something