Can't import FBX

Whenever I’m trying to import an FBX file from the internet the material breaks and it doesn’t have any color. Am I doing it wrong? Please help me, I am stuck on this for 2 hours :upside_down_face:

Hey there @NatiBatatty

this could be caused by an unsupported material shader. Do you have an example fbx file or a link?

1 Like

Hi! I only have experience with Blender exporting fbx to unreal. You can export only the most simplest materials to unreal. If your material has a multiply node, mix rgb, texture mapping node or anithing else it will disappear in Unreal. Only the principled BSDF node and those textures that directly connected to them remains. Sorry for my English!

Yeah, Abandoned_House - Download Free 3D model by fan7774 (@denyshroshko) [6f83785] - Sketchfab

You will have to create the material by yourself. The FBX file is just the blank house (white), but you get the textures in a separate folder.

1 Like

Oh ok, do you know how do I do that? thanks :slight_smile:

You will ahve to:

• Import the FBX into your Unreal project

• Import the textures from the Textures folder from the zip

• Create a material for each mesh => Right click in content browser => Material => Create Material (if you import with default settings there will be materials, generated by Unreal)

• Every texture has the target pin in the name (BaseColor, Normal, Roughness, …) and also the target mesh, here ACCS and BaseColor

• Open the created / generated material (“accs”)

• Add TextureSample for each input

• Select the correct textures (accs basecolor, accs metallic …)

• On applying you will see the material on the Mesh inside the content browser

• Repeat this for all materials