Can't hide mouse cursor in specific UI's

I have a UI problem that I can’t solve even with the examples I found here.

The problem is the following - I can’t hide the mouse cursor in specific widgets in any way. I.e. in some it hides normally, but in others it appears and won’t go away by any means.

My current method (already a bit overloaded with attempts to hide the cursor by all methods)

Where this method has worked - in all UIs where there are no other attached UIs (sub menus with custom buttons). UI structure:

Where it doesn’t work and cursor appears on screen - in all UIs where there are attached UIs, but have attached custom buttons (buttons are made as a single UI, not default button). UI structure:

The cursor should only appear back if the player moves it. Here is the code for its appearance (also a bit overloaded):

I’m using the UI only input method in the menu, perhaps some more additional information is needed?

Perhaps someone knows the answer, thanks in advance!

The Windows cursor showing up is a huge headache with UMG.

Did you set “Cursor == None” on all widgets and the root where you don’t want it to show up?

It is under Behavior >> Advanced >> Cursor. We have to periodically scrub all blueprints for the setting because it is easy to miss. :expressionless:

@Shmoopy1701
Thank you for your reply!

Did I understand correctly from your answer that I need to set the cursor value to none for literally every submenu of the current widget on screen?

Yes, every single element. Overlays, CanvasPanel, and even the root of the UMG blueprint. :expressionless:

If there’s a better around this I’d like to know.

@Shmoopy1701
Ok, but then it’s weird that it works fine with menus with only buttons, but doesn’t work with more complex submenus. And buttons and submenus are all extra widgets…

My buttons have this structure and there are not just a simple buttons. I didn’t set them up in any special way.

Maybe Unreal reacts so crookedly to some other things in the nested widgets?

Every element has Cursor set to None? We have some decent levels of nesting and it works as long as everyhing has the cursor setting:

Another possible annoyance: when you shift-select all items, if any level of nesting isn’t expanded, those items will not get changes. You have to manually expand everything in the blueprint hierarchy and then shift-select. :sleepy: