Download

Can't get unreal engine in China, need support...

Hey everybody, I’m a newbie to unreal engine and I really find UE4 fantastic. But there’s a problem I can’t get over: I can get UE on company machine(cuz I work for an American company), but I can’t get it at home in China.
In fact, our main site : https://www.unrealengine.com/zh-CN/blog cannot open under China network (which is different from the unity website). Even after I download from github and copy it to home machine, it can’t complete installation cuz of dependency downloading…

Is there any chance we can improve this? China is no longer a country with no developers.

Anyone in China, please support me to give this feedback!
Actually, Unreal is doing the best localization of all the engines, but this network is blocking us away from enjoying it! What a pity!

Maybe you can clone souce code from Github and compile it, it’s the only way.

As compiling , after I download from github and copy it to home machine, it can’t complete installation cuz of dependency downloading…

But, all of a sudden , today it works ! Thank goodness! Hope everyday it’s like this!

It’s not working again, after several hours. Luckily I downloaded some showcases in advance!

Hi all
i am Community manager in China. here is the fact
We have CPPCC and NPC sessions in these two weeks. for safety reason (political reasons), Government block some ip, kill all VPN and some AWS server was effected. our server is running on AWS.
SO. nothing we can do, but wait
Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) and National PCC(NPCC)

Thanks Nicki, for your quick respond!
Guess that was related to the meetings held in Beijing, these two weeks are kinda special. As I said, UE4 localization is great, and hope we can do better!

no github in china because GWF

Thanks ,Nicki.
can you copy the code to sourceforge tempelely, maybe some standlone version will help us , offering the offline package within main code repos site. your success is my success, please go forward ,that is a great try!

You can try a China VPN to access the website, but to find one optimized VPN for China is hard nut to crack, even though some VPN have strong stealth servers near China like Singapore, Hong Kong etc. give a them a try