Can't generate project files: ERROR: A game project path was not specified, which is required when generating project files using an installed build or passing -game on the command line

I downloaded the UE source, and get the follow error when generating project files? Does anyone have any ideas?

“ERROR: A game project path was not specified, which is required when generating project files using an installed build or passing -game on the command line.”

Hey there, not sure if you’ve found a solution, but I had the same issue and basically find a way to make it work by doing into the C:/ProgramFiles/ folder instead of before I was doing it from another Hard drive.
Still, it’s maybe not linked to which hard drive but maybe just the fact to reinstall the source package from scratch.

Still, good luck!

I think the solution I ended up using was some combination of a fully qualified path name (even though I was running from the directory of the .uproject) or running the regeneration manually from the command line, instead of the .uproject right-click menu.

I think the solution I ended up using was some combination of a fully qualified path name (even though I was running from the directory of the .uproject) or running the regeneration manually from the command line, instead of the .uproject right-click menu.

For this, your best bet is to open a command prompt. If you’re unsure how. Find the folder where your GenerateProjectFiles.bat lives. then in the address bar type cmd, then hit enter.

That should open a command prompt. The correct format for generating project files is to run something like:

generateprojectfiles.bat -project="F:\TestProj_4_25\TestProj_4_25.uproject" -Game -Engine

This will create a solution in your game project directory. Just update the uproject path in my command above to point at the one on your harddrive.

Hope this helps.