Can't find Anim Notify Event in blueprint

So I’m using the default first person blueprint included with Unreal Engine. In the First_Person_Run animation I’ve added a new notify event, but when I go into the actual blueprint and right click it can’t seem to find it, there’s not even a section for Add AnimNotify Event. I’m literally following a tutorial exactly and it can’t seem to find it… What’s going on here?

have the same issue. Searching google has led me to 3 threads about this problem and nobody seems to have the answer.

i’m using 4.12

I actually solved my problem. I couldn’t even see the node in the Event Graph. But I just compiled the Animation BP, closed Unreal and opened it again and it magically saw the notification events…

In the animation BP, events can only be used from the Event Graph.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I just tried it in 4.12.5 and it worked ok for me.

Still Broken in in 4.14.1 however saving and closing and reopening does fix it.

Didn’t fix it for me :confused:

Reopening whole ue4 editor helped me

…Fixed for me in version 4.15.3, weird problem anyway. I use three steps to fix this problem:

1 There are four versions on unreal in “Epic Game Launcher”, I remove the earliest version.

2 I verify the current version(4.15.3) in “Epic Game Launcher”

139097-bug.png

3 Reopen the project, but I still can’t call the anim notify event of the notify created before. Then I just create a new useless notify in any animation you like, finally I can call anim notify event for all the notifies.

Wish can help you, this problem is really weird…

For people that search on google:

My reason was I didn’t spell my notify correctly so searching for the correct spelling didn’t work. Took me awhile to figure that out.

1 Like