Can't edit or add any product description

Summary

Since today I am no longer able to edit the description of a product or add a description to new products. It always revert back to its previous state (either empty or the last saved state before the issue showed-up)

What type of bug are you experiencing?

Publishing

URL where the bug was encountered

https://www.fab.com/portal/listings

Steps to Reproduce

• Create or edit a listing in your listing list
  • Add or edit anything in the description field
  • Click on “preview listing” or go back to the listings list
  • The description is now reset to its previous state

Expected Result

Be able to see the correct description and save it

Observed Result

Description is reset or emptied after every edit

Platform

Google Chrome Browser

Operating System

Windows 11

4 Likes

Same problem. Firefox browser

same problem

Have the same problem but with the title reverting. The Description is saving as expected (I’m using Firefox)

Hello, I also have this problem since yesterday and I managed to get around it just by changing the language.
it seems that the problem occurs if the language is set ‘English’, you can try switching to French, that fixed it for me

2 Likes

Same here.

Platform

Google Chrome Browser

Operating System

Windows 11

Same issue - neither title nor description are being saved.
When checking the listing preview the changes are visible for a split second then reset to blank description and untitled listing. I tried this on Firefox and a fresh install of Chrome.

Thanks, guys, I’ll raise it with the dev team, we’ll look into this one asap.

1 Like

I can confirm that changing the language seem to fix the issue, but reverting back to english reset once again the description, at least it should be possible to send a product for review with a proper description by changing language

The description and title are not saving correctly When I edit my description in one language and then switch to another language, there are two separate descriptions for each language. Which description will be used when I submit it for approval? This is very confusing

Add the blueprints or programming category, does not exist. - There is no category for programming packages, I’ve been looking for the category and there is not, can you add the programming or blueprints category or make a tutorial on how to organize everything well, so we can add our products in their corresponding categories.

The status of EMP-13715 incident has been moved from ‘In Testing’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Fixed’

Hi everyone. This bug should be fixed - please let us know if you’re still running into issues.

Hey, thanks for taking a look at it, it does seem to be fixed but there is another related issue that showed up I think.
On my end the description changes based on which language I set, in some language it’s empty, in other I have the correct one, in other I have another past version. Pretty inconsistent and so it’s a bit hard to know which description is the “current” correct one.