Can't Download [Patch Data Error]

Hmm. Your ping actually looks pretty good considering. Let’s try playing with some settings anyway. In that DefaultEngine.ini file you edited before for the logging, let’s also at the the end of the file, the following four lines:-

[HTTP]
HttpConnectionTimeout=60
HttpReceiveTimeout=30
HttpSendTimeout=30

Man, I tried this values:

[HTTP] HttpConnectionTimeout=120 HttpReceiveTimeout=200 HttpSendTimeout=200

And it’s downloading!!! \o/ No more “no Response” error in Log too That was not a crazy idea after all :slight_smile: It looks ok and it’s in 2% already

Thank you soo much! With this amazing support Epic get your new lifetime client xD

Any change to include this “Patch” in the next Launcher release? Hope it can help more users with crap internet =p

I tried this values:

And it’s downloading!!! \o/ No more “no Response” error in Log too That was not a crazy idea after all :slight_smile: It looks ok and it’s in 2% already

Thank you soo much! With this amazing support Epic get your new lifetime client xD

Any change to include this “Patch” in the next Launcher release? Hope it can help more users with crap internet =p

I tried this values:

[HTTP]
HttpConnectionTimeout=120
HttpReceiveTimeout=200
HttpSendTimeout=200

And it’s working!
Thank you so much for the support, that was amazing! UE get your newest lifetime client :slight_smile:

Any chance to put it in the next Launcher release? hope it can help more users

Any chance to put it in the next Launcher release? Hope it can help more users with crap internet like me xD

I’ve seen the issues with commenting before but I get the emails so it ok :slight_smile:

Great! Sorry again for the inconvenience. Hope the install finishes ok eventually, it’s probably going to take a while to download.

In the morning I will post the settings as an answer and it would be great if you could accept it. Happy UE4-ing :slight_smile:

Not working! :frowning:

There is a workaround available to try for users that believe slow internet connections may be the cause of download failures.

Open up: “C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\Engine\Programs\NoRedist\UnrealEngineLauncher\Config\DefaultEngine.ini”

Add the following two lines to the very end of the file:

[HTTP]
HttpReceiveTimeout=200
HttpSendTimeout=200

And try your download again.

It’s not working Swifty. I added this line to the shortcut -CPLabel=QFE… that made the update appear… Added this to the defaultengine.ini

and no luck!

What kind of download speeds do you get? This is only a fix for slow connections you may have a different problem.

I have a 256 kilobit connection, so I have a slow connection

From the logs i see on your other post, you appear to get an average download of 150KB/s. The files which are failing for you are both pretty large (39.5MB and 31MB) so each of those will be taking at least 4 minutes each. The UI might just look like the update is broken because it is not very good at recognising speeds slower than about 250Kb/s.

Have you tried putting those HTTP values up to maybe higher? They are in seconds. You should leave the updater running until it actually gives you an error message, in your case that may well be quite a long time (several retries of a large file) :frowning:

Thanks, yes I put the HTTP values higher
[HTTP] HttpConnectionTimeout=720 HttpReceiveTimeout=2000 HttpSendTimeout=2000

I’ll try and wait now for an error message and I’ll let you know

Great good luck. If you get an error message, be sure to send us the latest logs in case it helps some more :slight_smile:

It reached 81% (74MB remaining), hopefully it’ll work

Cool, give it plenty of time, i just realised i got your logs confused. Yours says 0.02MB/s (~20KByte/sec) download speed. I know for a fact that it would not register on the screen. It will take a very long time also.

I should also warn you, that the UE4 editor is a much larger download. If you manage to hit your maximum download speed constantly, I calculate it would take just under 24hours to pull down. Content Examples will be similar on top of that if you want it best case another 18 hours.

That’s great news vBalbio! Just wanted to make sure people reading this answer understand that the [HTTP] settings need to be on separate lines, and there is also an extra one that will help some people too.

[HTTP]
HttpTimeout=600
HttpReceiveTimeout=200
HttpSendTimeout=200