Can't create my first project

After initiated the Unreal Engine 5.0.3 from Epic Launcher, I have tried several times to create my first project by selecting “Games”, some of templates and set C++ (that’s what I intent to learn). Only think I change is Quality Preset to “scalable” because I know maximum will be too heavy.

It starts to build it with the status bar and stops with the error: Compile Failed.

The project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Xcode?

Log file: /Users/gustavopinent/Library/Application Support/Epic/UnrealBuildTool/Log.txt
Creating makefile for MyProjectEditor (no existing makefile)
ERROR: Platform Mac is not a valid platform to build. Check that the SDK is installed properly.

I have just installed UE5 and XCode, all last versions. I have googled for answers, maybe the xcode command line, but I don’t know how to fix it, I suppose it should be updated when I installed XCode. xcode-select -v returns 2395… strange, I was expecting 14x since XCode is 14.0.1 (14A400).

The log file is below. Any ideas?

Log started at 10/13/2022 23:39:44 (2022-10-14T02:39:44Z)
No config file at /Users/gustavopinent/Unreal Engine/UnrealBuildTool/BuildConfiguration.xml
Configuration will be read from:
/Users/gustavopinent/.config/Unreal Engine/UnrealBuildTool/BuildConfiguration.xml
Note: Android toolchain NDK r21b recommended
Command line: “/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.dll” Development Mac “-Project=/Volumes/MacProHDPlus/Unreal Projects/MyProject/MyProject.uproject” -TargetType=Editor -Progress -NoEngineChanges -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Log file: /Users/gustavopinent/Library/Application Support/Epic/UnrealBuildTool/Log.txt

Skipping /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Intermediate/Build/BuildRules/UE5Rules.dll: File is installed
Skipping /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Intermediate/Build/BuildRules/UE5ProgramRules.dll: File is installed
Creating makefile for MyProjectEditor (no existing makefile)
ERROR: Platform Mac is not a valid platform to build. Check that the SDK is installed properly.
BuildException: Platform Mac is not a valid platform to build. Check that the SDK is installed properly.
at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.Create(TargetDescriptor Descriptor, Boolean bSkipRulesCompile, Boolean bForceRulesCompile, Boolean bUsePrecompiled) in /Users/build/Build/++UE5/Sync/Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Configuration/UEBuildTarget.cs:line 703
at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.CreateMakefile(BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, TargetDescriptor TargetDescriptor, ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet) in /Users/build/Build/++UE5/Sync/Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Modes/BuildMode.cs:line 726
at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Build(List`1 TargetDescriptors, BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet, BuildOptions Options, FileReference WriteOutdatedActionsFile, Boolean bSkipPreBuildTargets) in /Users/build/Build/++UE5/Sync/Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Modes/BuildMode.cs:line 267
at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Execute(CommandLineArguments Arguments) in /Users/build/Build/++UE5/Sync/Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Modes/BuildMode.cs:line 237
at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.Main(String ArgumentsArray) in /Users/build/Build/++UE5/Sync/Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.cs:line 612
WriteFileIfChanged() wrote 0 changed files of 0 requested writes.
Timeline:

[ 0.000]
[ 3.775]

We’ve just released a QFE to address the build issues with UE5 and Xcode 14.

Please see more details here: Current Available Quick-Fix Solutions

This link won’t work. I did to open it in Unreal Engine Forums but the green link won’t work either, nothing happens when I click.

Since there was no answer, I managed to get the link and download it manually (tried before, this time worked, don’t know why).
However, as expected, it won’t run so here is the commnad line needed to make it work:

sudo xattr -cr UnrealQFEInstaller.app
Now get inside the package, Contents, MacOS where is the executable:
sudo chmod 755 UnrealQFEInstaller

Now it will run and fix the editor.

Unfortunatelly the editor has crashed while opening my first project, so I will try the Linux version, maybe in this PC or my PC Gamer. Better luck to you that is reading this!