Can't control two pawns

I am making my first UE game but ran into a problem with tow players game.

My goal is to make a game with similar co-op mechanics to old NES game Battle City. It should be played on single keyboard.

I started by modifying TwinStickPawn example.
Changed camera and many other stuff.
Duplicated TwinStickPawn BP, added more controls (like MoveFoward2, Fire2 ) and assigned them to duplicaped BP.
But the ship copy doesn’t move. Changed ‘Auto posses player’ to P0 but then the old ship stoped moving and new one started to move.

What I am doing wrong? :frowning:

I’ve been looking into this question as well, but it seems like there is no way to use one keyboard for two players as of yet (using 4.11). I had to switch gears with my own project because I couldn’t make it work. I suppose if you had two keyboards you could maybe do it? That might defeat the purpose in your case, though.
If you have found anything useful since you posted this (just read the post date) I’m curious about the practice.
Happy Friday!

You can’t have one player controller possess two pawns without modifying how the player controller works. Since this is a local multiplayer game with one keyboard, it means you can only have one player controller.

Create a new player controller blueprint. Set this as the default player controller of your level. Inside the player controller, add two new variables of type TwinStickPawn. Place two TwinStickPawns in the level and set the variables in the player controller to these pawns – let’s name them Pawn1 and Pawn2.

Back inside the player controller, set up your inputs for each player. That means MoveForward, MoveForward2, Fire, Fire2, etc. When you press these inputs, you will want to get the corresponding Pawn of that player; for example, MoveForward will call whatever the move forward function is on Pawn1 – MoveForward2 will call whatever the move forward function is on Pawn2.

See my answer below.