can't connect to server in ue5.2 shipping build

Hey guys, I have a problem connecting to listen server on local network when game is packaged in shipping mode, in development build it works.
I’ve found some thread about missing network related module includes, added them but that didn’t help. Next I wanted to enable logging but found only directions for logging in ue4 shipping build and in ue5 got only compile errors.
Any ideas what’s going on or at least how to enable logging?

1 Like

I have this exact problem it’s driving me nuts How to you ship a multiplayer game. Seeing all problems in UE I wonder how people go to production it’s only works in Editor mode on windows machine

turned out our logic with ‘find session’ and ‘join session’ was getting in a way, idk exactly what was wrong since other person did it and I removed all that and used ‘open’ console command instead

can you tell what was exact commands you used? i encountered the same problem where i can join multiplayer games via steam in development build but when i package in shipping mode, client cant travel to server map. It sees session, it connects successfully then it instantly drops the connection

just ‘open’ with server ip address