Can't compile C++ code

Ok, let’s try this. What if you start a brand new Test project, add a C++ class to it (leave it empty) and try to Play it. Does that work properly?

Hold I just opened my created c++ files in VS directly and built them and now they appear in a c++ folder when I open my projects. Shame there seems to be a lack of connection between Unreal and VS. Will test more to see if I have to delete intermediate, Saved and Build folders and regenerate my sln ever time I want to add a new c++ class or not.

Sorry for not responding in an age. But I got it working. I used this vid to remove all VS stuff from my machine an reinstalled VS with the needed expansions for C++ game coding and stuff. Unreal gives me an error when I create c++ files and attempt to open VS straight away. But when I build them in VS separately and open them from Unreal it all works as expected!

Sorry for not responding in an age. But I got it working. I used this vid to remove all VS stuff from my machine an reinstalled VS with the needed expansions for C++ game coding and stuff. Unreal gives me an error when I create c++ files and attempt to open VS straight away. But when I build them in VS separately and open them from Unreal it all works as expected!