Can't Cast to Child Widget

I’m making a tool that requires a bunch of text to be inserted in an expansion of widgets parented under a uniform grid. Each child widget has its own text box. Users can add as many boxes as they want. The text in each box can be altered as much as users want. At the end, a “conversion” button takes all of the text and spits out a combined file with processing.

I need to know the index and read the text from each child. Unfortunately, every time I cast to the child to read the text, the cast fails.

I also want to make an inventory UI where different stats are assigned to different pieces of clothing, and if I can’t cast to get info from the children, building a UI will be troublesome.

I need to know the index and read the
text from each child. Unfortunately,
every time I cast to the child to read
the text, the cast fails.

Get Grid → get child at index → Cast

Otherwise, show the failing script.

For some reason, casting was failing yesterday, but doing it today it works just fine. I think the problem was I was trying to cast to the child individually (get child at index) when I needed to Get All Children and perform a for-loop from the array.

Some of the casting with UMG is so strange… I can’t resize the uniform grid or move slots. If I remove an entry, the empty space stays there. The system wants to add, it doesn’t want to change.