Can't build Universal or Apple Silicon Binaries on M1 Macbook

When packaging my game for debug or shipping builds, I receive the error

ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘Launch’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in Launch.build.cs to override.

When I go to the engine Launch.build.cs file and add the line above, nothing changes. I’ve been able to make the error go away when I change the build type to Intel. This issue persists on new projects, and occurs for me in both 4-26 and 4-27. I’d love to hear potential solutions, as I don’t think anything about my development set up is very unconventional.

Are these features supported properly if you build from source? Or are they not supported at all?

3 Likes

Same here… Unable to test this experimental feature due to missing precompiled manifest error. Currently using version 4.27.1.

I’m still having the issue and it’s limited my ability to support M1 devices entirely, I haven’t been able to find any solution in the last two weeks since the first post. There isn’t much information about Apple support anywhere, I don’t see it talked about much.

Really hoping a dev or someone who has gotten a working Apple Silicon/Universal build of any kind to hop on the thread, I’m sure there’s some solution as I doubt the feature would be included if it didn’t work at all (even with blank projects).

I have the same issues only when building a c++ project, using blueprints works fine so I am guessing it must be a plugin or something else specific to c++

EnovairStudios I am afraid, it doesn’t work for Blueprint projects either.

After a successful (!) packaging process, always an Intel executable is generated no matter what you choose for “Packaging Architecture” at Project Settings → Platforms → Mac. Generated file’s application type can be checked using either Finder → right click on the executable → Get Info, or the Activity Monitor.

When I did my check it did show up as Apple using 4.27.2. to be honest I don’t think this feature is anywhere near ready

1 Like

same problem here, any new info about this?

Same here, any solutions?

Probably, what you are building is DebugGame, which is not DebugGameEditor. So, this Problem emerged. I solve the problem through this way.