Cant build project, error asks for .NET install at 4.6 or higher, I have 4.8 (FIXED)

Below is the error I am getting, Though I just tried to install .NET framework SDK and it told me I was up to date with 4.8.0 This is on 4.24 on a project that I could make builds on before moving over. Any help would be extremely appreciated thank you!

Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Could not find NetFxSDK install dir; this will prevent SwarmInterface from installing. Install a version of .NET Framework SDK at 4.6.0 or higher.

Some more info after trying to fix it for a while.

my 4.24 wasn’t installed on my computers OS drive so re-installed it there, no change.
Started a new project in 4.24 tried to make a build and got the same error. so hopefully this means my project is safe at least.

Hi,

I had the same problem.

.NET Framework DEV Pack solved the issue on my end.

4 Likes

Awesome, the Dev pack fixed it for me as well!
Thanks mate.

(Using 4.24.0 with a fresh created project)

That did it thanks! I had tried other versions with no luck. Dev version works

Awesome, the Dev pack fixed it for me as well!
Thanks guy!

problem solved, thank you
but can you explain how did this program solve the problem ??

Visual Studio Installer - Modify - Individual components - search “SDK” - select latest version of .NET Framework X.X SDK - Modify

1 Like

merci beaucoup !

Man, thank you so much. As I am a VScode user I instal couldn’t save me & I was about to try to fix packs code wich is a pure pain for someone that didn’t studied info <3

problem fixed here : install a version of .net framework sdk at 4.6.0 or higher . unreal - YouTube

Just chiming in to say that this is still a problem.
And even though it’s probably easily solved by installing the DEV version of .NET, it would be nice if the UE team would specify this in the error message, so to save a search to thousands of people.