Can't Build for Oculus Quest 2

I am on Unreal Engine 4.27.2, Oculus Branch. I’m using the VRExpansion Example Template project. I have been able to build this specific project for this specific device using this specific engine branch previously. The instructions I’ve followed that have worked in the past can be found here and here.

The observed behavior is the project will build and deploy to the device successfully. However, the app when run will only present and blank, black screen.

When I open Android Studio after each build, I find that Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.2 have been installed, despite me having uninstalled them every single time. This is at least a clue to solving my problem, I believe.

What I suspect may be happening is gradle decides on its own to install an incompatible version of Android build tools at build-time. For whatever reason, Unreal Engine is very, very particular about the version of this software used, should you want your app to actually run on the device.

So, my question is, how do I stop gradle from destroying my build?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

-Reed

PS I attempted to paste in the output log from my build, but it was too long. You can find it hereif you are interested.