Can't build any DatasmithXXX.vcxproj from 4.24 source

Currently on VS 2017 15.9.18 (updated to latest).
I have a modified fork of the engine, that I’ve been porting over to new source releases (starting from 4.21 to 4.23).

Forked 4.24 release and implemented the changes.
Attempting to build (with UE4 as the startup project, as always), I get 11 failed. All of the fails are Datasmith (*Max2016 - *Sketchup2019).

Tried to right-click the Datasmith folder itself and build all of them first, same fails.

Here’s an example of the errors:

[QUOTE]14>Using ‘git status’ to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build (D:\Unreal4.24\UnrealEngine).
14>Creating makefile for DatasmithMax2018 (no existing makefile)
14>Building DatasmithMax2018…
14>Using Visual Studio 2017 14.16.27034 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023) and Windows 10.0.17763.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
14>Building 4 actions with 8 processes…
14> [1/4] Module.DatasmithMax2018.cpp
14>D:\Unreal4.24\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Programs\Enterprise\Datasmith\DatasmithMaxExporter\Public\DatasmithMaxWriter.h(14): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘iparamb2.h’: No such file or directory
14>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command “…\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat DatasmithMax2018 Win64 Development -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
14>Done building project “DatasmithMax2018.vcxproj” – FAILED.[/QUOTE]

I have no interest atm in Datasmith - seeing as I don’t have max or revit, and I don’t use sketchup.
The fork I’m updating is public though, so it’s possible others may need it.

What do I need to do to compile Datasmith? I’ve spent half a day looking into solutions, but couldn’t find any applicable info regarding build errors for UE4’s implementation of Datasmith.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Installed VS components are the same as those specified in the UE4 VS setup documentation [here][1]

Most Datasmith Exporter plugins depend on the availibility of 3rd party SDKs. For example, the 3ds Max exporter plugin depend on the 3ds Max sdk to be available, similarly for Revit, or Sketchup. We are not able to redistribute those SDKs for many reasons (legal, complexity of maintenance etc.).

Thank you very much for the info @pf_breton. Really appreciated!

It seems these Datasmith exporter plugins are set to be built by default. Is there any way to disable them from being built? I couldn’t find any information in the help files included in source - rather the only info included therein is regarding the setup of projects which employ the use of datasmith.

I assume I could install all the respective SDKs on my own, and then try to rebuild.

Ideally, I, and others who use the same public fork, could exclude the Datasmith exporter plugins from being built, though. Might you have any info about how to exclude it? I assume a good amount of people using the fork won’t use Max, Revit or Sketchup.

The above didn’t exactly solve my problem, but I figured it better just to mark this as solved.

I was able to build after merging in the 4.24.1 hotfix, so no more issues. I also didn’t have to install any extra SDKs or change the toolchain. Just had VS2017 updated to latest w/ default toolchain.