Whenever I have a problem like this (and I’m using loads of custom components so it’s happened a few times) I go through these steps and it usually seems to work:
- Close both Unreal project and Visual Studio.
- Delete derived folders (Binaries, Intermediate, Saved)
- Right click project file and ‘Generate Visual Studio Project files’
- Open up Visual Studio project and ‘Rebuild Solution’
- Open up Unreal project - it will ask to rebuild DLL on opening
It’s a bit of a ‘have you tried turning it off and back on’ kinda answer, I know, but if the code looks like it should be working and just isn’t, this often makes it work for me.