Can't Access Quixel Bridge from Inside UE5

I can’t access Bridge from inside Unreal Engine 5 which is supposed to be implemented in the engine without any extra downloads or installations. Nothing I tried works and it is hindering my progress and keeping the whole dev team waiting.

Things I have tried so far:

• Log-In with a different account - didn’t solve the issue
  • Download Bridge Plugin via Quixel Bridge - it was not compatible with UE5
  • Download Bridge Plugin from Epic Marketplace - there was no such plugin neither in the marketplace nor in my library
  • Re-download Quixel Bridge - didn’t solve the issue
  • Re-download Unreal Engine 5 - didn’t solve the issue
  • Completely format the computer and re-download everything - didn’t solve the issue.
  • Contact SkyeEden Quixel Bridge Missing - #5 by SkyeEden - got no response.

I would appreciate any input.

Edit: upon further search, I found a Dropbox link to someone’s Bridge plugin and manually installed it in my directory. Although it is not up to date, it seems to work fine. However, this is a temporary solution and the underlying problem still needs to be fixed.

I’m new, and will offer the help I can… but I might not be accurate, and I still don’t know all the vocabulary. But I’ll throw a idea over to you to see if it helps.
I think you may have the app that runs through the computer which I was trying to download yesterday. The app that runs through the computer has additional “parts” such as displacement maps. The same mega scan download, of say “mossy rock” will only show 4 items to make the file, and no displacement maps.
I’m at the opposite end as you. Yesterday I was trying to download the computer app of the bridge, so I could use the additional maps. Now quixel running through my ue5 app, says it’s out dated.
Hope this helps and doesn’t irritate✌🏽

Hey @JahniB.

You should be able to update the built-in Quixel Bridge through the launcher. Under your Engine version, you should see ‘Installed Plugins,’ click that, and it’ll show you if you need to update and what the version is.

1 Like

Hey!

This sounds like it could be an entitlement issue; I’ve forwarded your ID over to the team to take a look; once they get to it, it should just be a matter of closing & restarting the launcher, then searching your ‘vault’ for Quixel Bridge and installing to Engine from there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much. I’m heart touched. I just was trying to help someone, and I really appreciate you helping me. It was totally unexpected and very supportive! Stepping into UE, has been so great.
When I’m back at desk I’ll make the moves you suggested. Thank you! :pray:t4:

Hi Greate UE People,
I also can’t see the Quixel Bridge from UE5.

version : 5.0.3
what I tried: updated to latested version, restart and install plugins,

Intresting thing is I can’t find the Quixel Bridge Plugin when I search bridge.

Hi, same problem here but on linux 5.0.3…
Install was successful - since there is no launcher for linux I used lutris. In the vault I can see the Quixel Bridge plugin but cannot attach it to an engine - since lutris does not know about my linux installation.
When launching the editor I can do everything but there are no menu entries for Quixel Bridge (Quick add or Content Browser).

Plese try the following:

Go to the vault and search for “Quixel Bridge”. Click on Install to Engine.

It shoudl solve your issue.
Regards
Diego

You have attempted to download a computer app related with Quixel in order to gain access to extra features such as displacement maps. However, when you run Quixel via your UE5 app, it reports that it is out of date. To remedy the issue, try upgrading both Quixel and Unreal Engine. If the issue persists, please contact Quixel support or the Unreal Engine community.

You have attempted to download a computer app related with Quixel, Find out some on some blogs in order to gain access to extra features such as displacement maps. However, when you run Quixel via your UE5 app, it reports that it is out of date. To remedy the issue, try upgrading both Quixel and Unreal Engine. If the issue persists, please contact Quixel support or the Unreal Engine community.

Appreciated!