Cant Access Actor Component In Widget

Hi,

im following an inventory tutorial series. There you create an actor blueprint calles “InventoryComponent” and attach that to your main character. Then you can access the inventory by creating a variable from type “inventory component”. In the widget “item tooltip” it works fine. If i try to use it in the “inventory menu slot” widget i cant access that inventory component. I initially thought its because the “inventory menu slot” is set a child of the “inventory menu screen” and the access to other actor depends on the parent/child relation. But I am not sure because i am used to code and an other game engines. Can you maybe tell me why?

Greetings @ElDudele !

Welcome to the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

Just so you’re aware, this topic has been moved from the International forum category to the Programming & Scripting - UI forum category. I added the optional tags “Widget” and “actor-blueprint” for you.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Wishing you the best of luck with your project!

'- Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator :smiley:

1 Like

Hi there, i already found the solution. The inventory component variable is always set in the blueprint before. Thanks anyway guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes